|Children||Avant Cole, Duncan Cole|
Patrick Mugadza is a Zimbabwean pastor and human rights activist who made headlines after he prophesied that President Robert Mugabe was going to die on the 17th of October 2017.
Patrick Mugadza is a Pastor of the Remnant Church and is based in Kariba. He is married to Thelma Masaka and he is the father of two boys.
Victoria Falls Protest
Mugadza first hit the headlines in December 2015 when he made a one-man protest against President Mugabe in Victoria Falls during Zanu PF’s national conference.He held a placard that read:
“Mr President, the people are suffering. Proverbs 21:13"
April 2016 chain protest
In April 2016, Pastor Mugadza chained himself to a pole while holding a cross in one hand and a Bible in another, in protest action in Harare.
President Mugabe Death Prophecy
Mugabe Death Prophecy
In early January 2017, Mugadza said that he had received a revelation on the 26th of December 2016, that President Mugabe was not going to see the end of 2017. He said that Mugabe was going to die on the 17th of October 2017. Said Mugadza
I just want to tell you something concerning the year 2017. It is a very special year because of number SEVEN and at the same time also, 2017 collides with 37 years by which Zanu PF has been ruling this beautiful nation of Zimbabwe, but something is going to be happening also, which is very critical for us to know It was on the 26th of December 2016 when I was in prayer and God said to me this coming year 2017 the President is dying and he told me that he is dying on 17th of October, like I said earlier on that I am not happy for somebody to die but, this is something that is going to happen.
Arrest and Detention
Mugadza was arrested on the 16th of January by detectives from the Law and Order department. He was arrested at the Harare Magistrate's Court where he was making a routine appearance. He was in the company of his lawyer Gift Mtisi of the Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights. He was charged with "Criminal insult" as well as undermining the authority of the president. Mugadza was denied bail by Harare Magistrate bVongai Muchuchuti whoi ruled that the Pastor had a propensity to commit similar crimes.  Pastor Patrick Mugadza was eventually freed in March 2017 after spending 55 days in remand prison. High Court judge Justice Priscilla Chigumba ruled that Magistrate Vongai Muchuchutu had erred and misdirected herself in denying Pastor Mugadza bail because he had a propensity to commit similar offences. She granted him $50 bail. However, Pastor Mugadza had to spend the weekend in prison after after the clerk of court refused to accept his bail money stating that they had to confirm with the High Court if the order was real.
- Mugabe to die October 2017, claims Pastor, NewsDay, Retrieved:2 April 2017, Published:13 January 2017
- Remembering Zimbabwe: Pastor Mugadza Who Told Mugabe of People's Tribulations Out of Jail, Speaks His Mind, New Zimbabwe, Retrieved:2 April 2017, Published:31 December 2017
- Jailed pastor Mugadza’s church ruptures, Daily News, Retrieved:2 April 2017, Published:20 February 2017
- Mugabe will die in OCtober 2017m says Zim prophet, Zim News, Retrieved:2 April 2017
- Mugabe 'death' pastor arrested, Daily News, Retrieved:2 April 2017, Published:17 January 2017
- 'Mugabe to die this year' pastor denied bail, News24, Retrieved:2 April 2017, Published:1 January 2017
- Mugabe ‘death pastor’ finally gets bail, NewsDay, Retrieved:2 April 2017, Published:11 March 2017
- Clerk of Court has refused to accept Pastor Mugadza, Twitter, Retrieved:2 April 2017, Published:10 March 2017