|MInistry of Labor and Social Welfare|
Petronella Kagonye is a Zimbabwean politician and businesswoman who is a member of Zanu PF. Kagonye is the former Minister of Labor and Social Welfare. She was once Member of Parliament for Goromonzi South Constituency but lost to Reuben Chikuda in the July 2018 elections by more than 50% of votes.
Petronella Kagonye was born in 1978. 
Kagonye holds a Masters in Business Administration Degree from the University of Zimbabwe.
Kagonye was Deputy Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Development until 2014.
Dismissal from party
In 2014 Kagonye was dismissed from Zanu PF after she was associated with a faction alleged to be led by former Vice President Joice Mujuru. Kagonye was also given a vote of no confidence in her constituency where residents demonstrated against her accusing her of fanning factionalism. She was reinstated back into the party when she was appointed Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Services in Zimbabwe's government in December 2017.
Kagonye runs a company named Glorious Properties. 
Kagonye served in the Zanu PF’s Women’s League and was fingered in many land grab scandals in her constituency where she is alleged to be a bigwig land baron and has been involved in vote-buying in exchange for land.
Farm Mechanisation Scheme
The data is analysed by recipients origin:.
- Mashonaland provinces had the most beneficiaries, both in terms of numbers and value.
Mashonaland East got US$47,5 million,
Mashonaland West US$44,7 million
Mashonaland Central had US$34,2 million.
- Two Matebeleland provinces had a combined total of US$13,9 million.
- Masvingo US$26,4 million,
- Manicaland US$18 million
- Midlands US$14 million.
Petronella Kagonye is listed under the thematic group “Politicians”. According to the list, he got a loan of US$94,761.00. 
Former Labour, Social Welfare Minister Petronella Kagonye has been arrested on 7 February 2021 on allegations of fraud. Zimbabwe Republic Police Spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi confirmed the arrest saying she was facing charges related to illegal parcelling out of state land. Special Anti-Corruption Unit (SACU) head Mr Tabani Mpofu (SACU) confirmed the arrest and said further details would be released later.
The former Labour minister Petronella Kagonye was granted ZW$30 000 bail by Harare magistrate Stanford Mambanje on 9 February 2021. The state represented by Michael Reza did not oppose bail. The investigating officer said Kagonye was not a flight risk. She was said to be also breastfeeding a 7-month-old baby.
- Leaner Cabinet and the return of Petronella Kagonye, , Published: 6 December 2017, Retrieved: 24 January 2018
- https://www.bigsr.co.uk/single-post/2020/07/18/BSR-EXCLUSIVE-Beneficiaries-of-the-RBZ loan of US$325,368.00-Farm-Mechanisation-Scheme BSR EXCLUSIVE: Beneficiaries of the RBZ Farm Mechanisation Scheme], Big Saturday Read, Published: 18 July 2020 Retrieved: 18 July 2020
- , ZBC News, Published: 7 February, 2021, Accessed: 7 February, 2021
- Blessings Chidakwa, , The Herald, Published: 7 February, 2021, Accessed: 7 February, 2021