|Employer||University Of Zimbabwe|
Professor Ashok Chakravarti is an economist and University of Zimbabwe Lecturer and a published author who has published over 15 books and journals since 1971. Professor Chakravarti is famous for making economical comments on issues affecting or related to Zimbabwe. He was once the government of Zimbabwe's economic advisor between 2010 and 2013.
Professor Ashok Chakravarti is an economist who provides policy advice to countries, mainly in the African region, for the past 40 years. He has also taught Economics at the Masters level at the University of Zimbabwe. He is the author of two books in economics and several journal papers
- 2017: Adviser/Coach, Ease of Doing Business Program, Office of the President and Cabinet, Government
- 2014 – 2016: Senior Advisor, USAID/Strategic Research and Analysis Program, Harare.
- 2009 – 2014: University of Zimbabwe: Senior Visiting Lecturer.
- 2010 – 2013: Ministry of Finance, Government of Zimbabwe: Advisor in Aid and Debt Management.
- 2007-2009: Manager (Work-On-Call), Deloitte’s Consulting, New York.
- 2004 – 2007: Chief of Party, Government of South Sudan/USAID Institutional Development Program.
- 1992 to 2004: Managing Partner, ACV Consultants (Pvt) Ltd., Harare, Zimbabwe.
- 1987 to 1992: Economic Adviser, United Nations Development Program, Lilongwe, Malawi.
- 1984 to 1987: UNDP Economic Adviser in Aid Coordination & Information Systems, Ministry of Finance & Planning, Harare, Zimbabwe.
- 1980 to 1984: Regional Trade Adviser, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD),
- Visiting Fellow, Department of International Development, Oxford University, U.K: 2002, 2003, 2007, 2009.
- Chakravarti, A. (2012), “Economic Performance and the Visible Hand: Theory and Evidence”. 2012. Edward Elgar (USA and UK).
- Chakravarti. A. (2006), “Aid, Institutions and Development: New Approaches to Growth, Governance and Poverty”. 2006. Edward Elgar (USA and UK).
- Chakravarti A. (2010), “Rationality, Opportunism and Market Performance”. Working Paper No. 1/2010, Department of Economics, University of Zimbabwe. June 2010.
- Chakravarti A. (2008), “A Theory of Discontinuous Change”. Working Paper No. 164, Dept. of International Development, Oxford University, U.K. June 2008.
- Chakravarti A. (2004), “Livelihoods Scoping Study of the Zambezi Valley”. DFID/Save the Children, Harare.
- Chakravarti A. (1995), “Malawi: Salt Marketing and Distribution Study”. Harvard Institute for International Development, Malawi.
- Chakravarti, A. (1994), “Malawi: Seed Policy Study”. USAID, Malawi.
- Chakravarti, A. (1991) "Aid Flows to Malawi 1986-90: an Analysis". Department of Economic Planning, Government of Malawi.
- Chakravarti, A. (1984) "Generalized Scheme of Trade Preferences and the Asian Least Developed Countries: an Analysis of Approaches and Potential Benefits". UNCTAD.
- Chakravarti, A. (1983)"Trade Sector Issues in the Least Developed Countries of Asia and the Pacific". UNCTAD.
- Chakravarti, A. (1983) "Bhutan: Economic Memorandum". Planning Commission, Government of Bhutan.
- Chakravarti, A. (1982) "Protection of the Synthetic Fibres and Yarns and its Implications for Inter-fibre Policy". Economic and Political Weekly, Bombay, India.
- Chakravarti, A. (1972) "Social Profitability of Training Unskilled Workers in India, an Application of the Little-Mirrlees Method". Oxford Economic Papers.
- Chakravarti, A. (1972) "Social Profitability of selected Public Sector Enterprises in India", M. Phil. thesis to University of Oxford.
- Chakravarti, A. (1971) "Developmental Impact of the International Finance Corporations Projects: 1956-71". Research Report to I.F.C., World Bank. 
- In January 2019, Prof.Chakravarti suggested that the government introduce the Zim Dollar backed by Diaspora Bond. 
- In January Chakravart also said Mthuli Ncube Is Driving Economy In The Right Direction
- In May 2019 The Professor also said sanctions imposed on Zimbabwe were also hurting the US 
- The Chronicle, Focus on stabilisation of exchange rate, Published 27 June 2019, Retrieved 26 September 2019
- UZ WEbsite, Mr Ashok Chakravarti
- New Zimbabwe, Former Govt Economic Advisor Suggests Zim-Dollar Backed By Diaspora Bond, 'Published January 2019, Retrieved 26 August 2019
- Ashok Chakravarti, Mthuli Ncube Is Driving Economy In The Right DirectionPublished 13 January 2019, Retrieved 26 September 2019
- The Herald, Sanctions Hurting USA, Top Economist, Published 7 May 2019, Retrieved 26 September 2019