Dr. John Mangudya, the Governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe has said that US $15 million was imported into Zimbabwe last week and was delivered on Friday, 6 May 2016. The money was imported to help ease the cash shortage in the country. Mangudya said this in an interview with the Sunday Mail and it was reported in the Sunday Mail of 8 May 2016.
We would also like to advise the public that the RBZ has imported more cash to the tune of US$15 million. This is money that has come in (on Friday). This US$15 million will be put into circulation and will help ease the prevailing cash shortages.
- John Mangudya, RBZ explains bond notes, The Sunday Mail, Published:8 May 2016 , Retrieved: 10 April 2016
The Latest News
- News:Kereke accuses Gono for being behind his imprisonment again
- News:Patson Dzamara, Tendai Biti & others celebrate Linda Masarira's release. Here are the pictures
- News:Patson Dzamara reveals why police summoned him
- News:Govt scraps double taxation for Chinese firms
- News:Gays and Lesbians of Zimbabwe director says Chiefs must protect subjects regardless of sexual orientation
- News:Music expert reveals how Mtukudzi was denied honourary UZ degree over "Anti-Mugabe" song
- News:Tajamuka and Vendors blame Zanu-PF Youth for demo
- News:NMB Bank receives $15 million line of credit for SMEs
- News:Police Fire Teargas As Vendors and Municipal Police Clash. Shops Around CBD Close
- News:Mliswa demands trial date in Moyo & Kasukuwere gay gangsters case