|Talk Show Host, Businesswoman|
October 21, 1952
|Education||Honorary Master of Arts Degree|
|Alma mater||Women’s University in Africa|
|Employer||Chisamba Productions and Media Consultancy|
Mai Chisamba whose full name is Rebecca Chisamba, is the creator and host on the TV talk show Mai Chisamba Show. She is known mostly for her creative Shona vernacular language in address the TV and studio audience during the show. The talk show runs in Shona, where she tackles topical issues of the day that affects the modern Zimbabwean society.
Mai Chisamba was born Rebecca Tsikirayi in Bindura on 21 October 1952 to a family of seven. She started her education at Bindura Salvation Army Primary School and did her secondary education at Usher Girls High in Matabeleland. She trained as a teacher at Howard Institute.
During her time in education, Chisamba did some radio teaching under the Ministry of Education, Sports and Culture. She taught for 15 years before going full time into broadcasting. She became radio presenter for numerous programmes at ZBC and introduced the Mai Chisamba Show. Later shw went independent after establishing Chisamba Productions and Media Consultancy. She did not have any training in Television.
- Honorary Master of Arts Degree- Women’s University in Africa.(October 2010)
- Outstanding Woman in the use of Mass Media for Gender Equality Award (2012) – Professional Women Executives and Women in Business (PROWEB)
- Victor’s Awards for Outstanding Woman in Zimbabwe and longstanding talk show host- Victors Incorporation 2011 Awards.
- Communicator of the Year Award (2003)- Zimbabwe Institute of Public Relations.
- Freedom of the School- David Livingstone Primary School (2005)
- 2008 Best Television Presenter Award (Electronic)-National Journalistic and Media Awards.
- Mai Chisamba received the Duramanzwi Guru ReChiShona (Dictionary) and an acknowledgement letter for the good use of the Shona language from Professor G Chimhundu of The University of Zimbabwe, Languages Department (2007).
- Best Television Presenter(2007) – Anointed Business Woman
- Shield Award for being the most Inspiring Woman (2011) - Malbereign Girls High School on the commemorations of the International Women’s Day.
- In 2012, there were reports in the media that the host, Mai Chisamba, was involved in an extra-marital affair with Anglican bishop, Nolbert Kunonga, but this was dismissed by both herself and her husband, Arnold Chisamba.
- Mai Chisamba Turns 60. I Get Phone Calls From 'Vadiwa Vatariri' At Odd Times: She Reveals, ZimGossips, Published:29 October 2012, Retrieved:11 February 2015,