|Born||June 15, 1981|
Robert Gonye is an award-winning marketer and the Head of Sales & Marketing at GTeL Zimbabwe
Robert Gonye was born on June 15, 1981. It is reported that Robert was a good athlete at school representing the school soccer team at various age level categories ranging from under 15 to under 18.
He was also a high school prefect.
He attended Hallingbury Primary School from 1987 to 1993 before moving to Mazowe Boys High School between 1994 and 1999 for Ordinary and Advanced level studies. Robert Gonye holds several tertiary qualifications which include a Bachelor's of Science Marketing Honors (NSU.- America), Bachelor of Arts Leadership and Theology,( Friends University - America), Masters in Business Administration, specialty in Business development (Women's University in Africa - Zimbabwe ), Diploma in project management.( Zimbabwe) and as of 2015, he was pursuing a qualification in Chartered Marketing (CIM-Zimbabwe).
Before joining GTel, Robert worked as a business development manager at Savas Medical Group from 2008 to 2010. He later on joined GTeL in 2010 and is currently the head of Sales & Marketing at GTeL. Due to his influence at the company, GTeL managed to go through a rebranding exercise from G-Tide to GTeL. Between 2013 and 2014, the company was nominated for the Cellphone brand of the year.
- John Maxwell I CAN certified trainer on Leadership.
- Zimbabwean Marketer of the year 2014-2015.
As GTeL's marketing director, the company engaged in some philanthropic work in which they provided Christmas gifts to young children hospitalised at Harare Hospital.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Robert Gonye, Interview with Robert Gonye, Published: March 27, 2015, Retrieved: April 14, 2015
- ↑ Robert Gonye, Linkedin, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: April 14, 2015
- ↑ Tinashe Sibanda Xmas cheer for sick children, The Independent, Published: December 14, 2012, Retrieved: May 28, 2015