|Born||Rodney Malindi Sikumba|
March 29, 1980
|Employer||Government of Zambia|
|Term||8 September 2021-Present|
|Political party||United Party for National Development|
|Parent(s)||George Mufalali Sikumba (father), Rose Cyril Hamafonko Sikumba (mother)|
Rodney Malindi Sikumba is a Zambian politician. He was appointed Zambia's Minister of Tourism And Arts by Hakainde Hichilema in September 2021.
Sikumba was born in Livingstone, Zambia.
His father, George Mufalali Sikumba who was also a politician and a professional hotelier, died in 2001. Sikumba's father served in public office as Independent Ward Councillor for Dr Mubitana Ward (1993 to 2001), and president of the Livingstone Rotary Club (1999 – 2000).
Rodney Sikumba's mother, the late Rose Cyril Hamafonko Sikumba, was an equally known and well-respected public figure who served as senior collector for the Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) in Livingstone.
Rodney Sikumba was born on March 29, 1980.
Sikumba has three children; one daughter and two sons.
He began his formal education at Zambezi Primary before advancing to St. Raphael’s where he completed secondary school.
Rodney Sikumba has a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Zambia and a Masters in Business Administration – Strategy and International Business from Hult International Business School (USA). Sikumba is also trained in Diplomatic Practice Protocol and Public Relations from the Zambia Institute of Diplomacy and International studies.
After graduating from the University of Zambia, Rodney Sikumba joined Professional Insurance Corporation Zambia Plc, as a graduate trainee. In 2006, Sikumba joined Celtel Zambia Plc (now Airtel) as a Corporate Sales Executive. After completing his master's degree in the United States, Sikumba returned to Zambia and was appointed Head of Customer Experience for Airtel Zambia.
In 2014, he was headhunted to lead Zamtel's Enterprise Department. He successfully managed a portfolio valued at US$22million.
In 2017, Sikumba established the Hult Investments Group of Companies (HIGC) whose portfolio includes; Hult Ice, Hult Apartments, Hult Travel & Tours Limited (HTTL) and Hult Commodities.
Sikumba joined UPND in 2001, the same year that his father was earmarked to stand as the party's first MP in Livingstone. In 2021, he stood for election as a UPND candidate for the first time and won.
- Board Chairperson – Livingstone Tourism Association
- Board Member – Livingstone Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Board Member – Tourism Council of Zambia
- Board Member – Destination Livingstone.
- Member - Wildlife Licensing Committee
- Member - Tourism Development Fund Committee
- Charter President - Rotary Club of Mosi-oa-Tunya
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 BENEDICT TEMBO, New L/stone MP recounts political journey, Daily Mail, Published: August 25, 2021, Retrieved: September 17, 2021
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 RODNEY SIKUMBA, LIVINGSTONE CENTRAL’S NEW MP, Daily Nation Zambia, Published: August 23, 2021, Retrieved: September 17, 2021
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Rodney Sikumba M.P. - Livingstone Constituency, Facebook, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: September 17, 2021