Image Via Facebook
May 11, 1989
|Education||Arundel High School|
|Alma mater||Rhodes University|
Shingi Mangoma is a Zimbabwean born musician and songwriter based in Cape Town South Africa.
Shingi was born on 11 May 1989 and moved to South Africa at a very young age where she was raised. She returned to Zimbabwe for her secondary school before moving back to South Africa.
Her love for music is said to have grown while at Arundel where she was part of the school's many choir groups. During her lower six studies, she became the head of the cultural choir. Shingi is yet to produce an album in her music career but she has produced several tracks such as "handikusiye" and "hokoyo". She has also worked with fellow musicians such as Tehn Diamond as a backing vocalist and Trae Yung on the song "Who We Are" which was featured on the official mix tape for the UNWTO 2013 Conference. She broke into the limelight with the release of her single titled "Run" which she just uploaded to Soundcloud but ended up getting a lot of attention.
- Midlands Music Awards: Best Jazz/Afro Pop Female category.
- Takudzwa Chihambakwe One on one with Shingi Mangoma, ZimboJam, Published: November 21, 2013, Retrieved: July 2, 2015
- Shingie Mangoma, Facebook, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: July 2, 2015
- Shingi Mangoma – Hokoyo, Three men on a boat, Published: July 2, 2013, Retrieved: June 2, 2013
- Darryl Get to know Shingie Mangoma, Zimbabwe Youth Village, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: July 2, 2015