Gama was a member of the Information and Media Panel of Inquiry (Impi) launched in April 2013 by the then Information, Media and Broadcasting Services Minister Jonathan Moyo. While as a member of Impi, Stanley Gama had heated email exchanges with Geoff Nyarota on a number of issues. The emails were leaked to the press.
Jonathan Moyo Lawsuit
Jonathan Moyo filed a lawsuit naming Stanley Gama who was then Daily News editor and reporter Thelma Chikwanha over stories quoting WikiLeaks cables. Moyo was demanding 100,000 US dollars in damages for stories by Chikwanha on 6 and 7 September 2011 quoting comments which – according to US diplomatic cables released a few days before by WikiLeaks – Moyo made to US diplomats in Harare. 
In 2012, Stanely Gama and his deputy Chris Goko were arrested over allegations of criminal defamation after they published a report to do with the alleged disappearance of former [Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe]] employee Munyaradzi Kereke’s wife and child. Their arrest was condemned.
In April 2014, Stanley Gama and his senior reporter Fungi Kwaramba were charged by the police for allegedly criminally defaming businessman Kamal Khalfan.
Both Gama and Kwaramba were summoned to Highlands Police Station where they were made to sign warned and cautioned statements.
Charges against the two came after Khalfan filed a $10 million suit against the Daily News. Kwaramba had published many stories on Khalfan, suggesting that the tycoon was using his political connections to link dubious businessmen to President Robert Mugabe. On 28 April 2014, Gama and Kwaramba appeared in court facing charges of defaming businessman Kamal Khalfan. The duo appeared before Harare provincial magistrate Douglas Chikwekwe facing three counts of contravening the Criminal Codification and Reform Act. The trial was set for May 15 2014. They were remanded out of custody.
- Teldah Mawarire/Owen Gagare, Internal conflicts scar Impi, The Independent, Published: June 27, 2014, Retrieved: December 10, 2021
- Former minister sues Daily News over stories quoting WikiLeaks cables, RSF, Published: September 16, 2011, Retrieved: December 10, 2021
- NewsDay scribe arrested, NewsDay, Published: Oc tober 10, 2012, Retrieved: December 10, 2021
- Fungai Lupande, ANZ, editor, reporter in court, The Chronicle, Published: April 29, 2014, Retrieved: December 10, 2021
- Mthulisi Mathuthu, Daily News journalists charged, Nehanda Radio, Published: April 9, 2014, Retrieved: December 10, 2021