Terry Afrika's real name is Terrence Chivavaya.
Terry Afrika is married.
Terry Afrika has a son named Jordan. His son was born in September 2019.
In 2019, Terry Afrika failed to launch his debut album Matindingoma. The launch was scheduled for March 29, 2019. He apologised and cited high costs as one of the reasons why he failed to launch the 10 track album.
Terry Afrika said his management also felt it prudent that they first release their two singles ahead of the 10-track album.
In 2020, Terry Afrika was involved in a car accident. He was travelling with two other people when the accident occurred. Terry Afrika said no one was injured and doctors gave them a clean bill of health.
His vehicle, a Toyota Hiace commuter omnibus was wrecked. He did not reveal any details on whether he will be getting the vehicle fixed but said he is thankful that he is still alive.
On 11 March 2021, Terry Afrika was involved in a head-on collision that claimed one life along Bindura Road.
Terry Afrika said his wife who was driving at a speed of between 60 and 70 kilometres per hour lost control of the car after hitting a pothole. After losing control of the car Terry Afrika’s collided with an oncoming vehicle resulting in the death of one person who was in the other car.
- Sugar Boy (2018)
- Ndakadaro (2020)
- African Mood: The Ultimate Singles Collection (2019)
- Leroy Dzenga, I am sticking to my sound: Terry Afrika, The Herald, Published: July 4, 2018, Retrieved: May 27, 2021
- Then and now: Terry Afrika and wife, Zimtainment, Published: January 6, 2020, Retrieved: May 27, 2021
- PRECIOUS CHIDA, Afro-pop artiste invests in collabos, NewsDay, Published: May 19, 2017, Retrieved: May 27, 2021
- DEMETRIA MANYONGA, Terry Afrika offers apology, NewsDay, Published: April 11, 2019, Retrieved: May 27, 2021
- PICTURES: Popular Musician Terry Afrika Involved In Car Accident, iHarare, Published: October 27, 2020, Retrieved: May 27, 2021
- PICTURES: Musician Terry Afrika Involved In A Head On Collision Along Bindura Road, ZimEye, Published: March 13, 2021, Retrieved: May 27, 2021