|Known for||Being first African news presenter on Chinese Central Television 9 (CCTV9)|
|Parent(s)||Munyaradzi Kajese (father)|
|Relatives||Misheck Sibanda (father in-law)|
Vimbayi Kajese is a Zimbabwean journalist who gained global recognition when she became the first African news presenter on Chinese Central Television 9 (CCTV9) which is the English channel of Chinese Central Television. She is the founder of InZano.
Vimbayi Kajese is the second daughter to Ambassador Munyaradzi Kajese. She married Tawanda Sibanda who is the only son to ZANU-PF member and politician Misheck Sibanda on September 6, 2014 at Pabani Lodge in Harare.
Kajese attended Arundel Girl's High School for her advanced level where she studied English, Art and French. After her advanced level studies, Kajese enrolled at the University of Kansas in the United States of America, in 2001, for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Finance and Women Studies. She won an all-expense paid scholarship trip to China in 2004. After completing her undergraduate degree, Kajese left the United States to pursue a Master’s degree in International Relations and Diplomacy at the China Foreign Affair’s University in Beijing.
Vimbayi Kajese also attended the London Academy of TV Film & Media where she studied Television Film Production & Editing. She also attended Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government where she studied Global Leadership and Public Policy in the 21st Century, Executive Education before enrolling at the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa to study Innovation and Immersion in Africa, Executive Education.
Between June 2008 and December 2008, Kajese worked as an account executive for AC Capital Strategic in the Public Relations. She worked as the Assistant Producer for Reuters TV from January 2009 to August 2009 before joining the British Chamber of Commerce in Beijing as the Project Manager for the 2009 edition of the British Business Awards. In 2010 she became a Panelist on The Role of China-Africa Civil Society for the Heinrich Böll Stiftung Foundation. She was the host for the Zimbabwe Embassy in Beijing relaunch and re-branding event in October 2010.  In February 2011, Kajese was invited to speak as a panelist at the 2011 Harvard Business School Africa Conference.
Kajese became the news anchor for CCTV 9 in September 2009 until December 2011. She was the Africa-China editor for The Charitarian Magazine from January 2009 to January 2013.
- Founded #Adtags which is a Africa Tech Startup in 2015
- Freelance news and finance news presenter with reputable news stations from 2013 to 2015
- Financial News Presenter at Arise TV
Honours & Awards
- Chosen among Zimbabwe's Top 10 Most Influential Under 40 in 2015
- Dangote Fellow awarded by the World Economic Forum in 2013
- Young Global Leader awarded by the World Economic Forum in March 2012
- The Chinese government appointed her as a Special Friendship Envoy and Cultural Ambassador for drawing the continent’s attention to China in December 2010
- China Scholarship Council Awardee 2006
- one of 9 students in a university of 30,000 to win an all expense paid scholarship tour to China 2004
- featured on the first Kansas University Women of Distinction Calendar for my academic and community service achievements in 2003
- Kansas-Asia Scholars 2003
- Winterburg Engineering Scholarship awarded by Kansas University in 2001
- Kansas University Endowment Scholarships awarded by Kansas University in 2004
- Her inspiration is American talk show host, Oprah and all the female anchors who work for CNN World..
- Value your marriage vows: President, Sunday News, published: September 7, 2014, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- [http://julesmorganweddings.com/gossip/latest-gossip-blog-entries/item/vimbayi-and-tawanda-at-pabani-lodge-zimbabwe.html Vimbayi and Tawanda at Pabani Lodge, Harare, Jules Morgan Weddings, published: September 25, 2014, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- Vimbayi Kajese, LinkedIn, published: No Date Given , retrieved: June 28, 2016
- Zimbabwean Vimbayi Kajese 1st African anchorwoman in Asia, Ambassador Magazine, published: May, 2011, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- LEADING THE WAY FOR AFRICA IN CHINESE MEDIA, Africans On The Move, published: No Date Given, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- Zimbabwe's Top 20 Inspirational Youth in 2015 Part 1, Youth Village, published: January 2015, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- ZIWA Awards, Facebook, published: June 5, 2016, retrieved: June 28, 2016