Zimbabwe Youth Council
Zimbabwe Youth Council is a corporate body, established by an Act of Parliament, the Zimbabwe Youth Council Act Chapter 25:19, as amended in 1997. ZYC is the vehicle of linkage between government through the Ministry responsible for Youth in Zimbabwe. In terms of this Act, one of the institution’s key mandates is to advise Government on the needs of youth.
In Pursuit of Youth Empowerment and Participation
- To co-ordinate, supervise and foster the activities of youth clubs, associations or organizations from grassroots to national level.
- To facilitate youth participation in key national and international events.
- To be the interface between the Government and the youth.
- To manage the children’s parliament programme as a leadership development and advocacy arm on children’s rights.
- Coordination and Supervision of National Youth Associations and Provincial Youth Councils
- Youth Participation/ Children’s Parliament
- Youth Economic Empowerment
- Policy Research & Advocacy
- Resource Mobilization & Management
Youth Association Registration requirements
- Submit organizational profile stating the following:
- Name and address of the organization.
- Name and address of its officers and the members of the executive committee or other bodies in control of its affairs.
- Name and address of a person authorized to accept service of any proceedings, notices, or other things on its behalf.
- Submit a copy of its Constitution and rules.
- Submit a recommendation from any established organisation
- Pay a registration fee of US$10.00 to the ZYC POSB account number: 500001997575 .
N.B: The Registered Youth Associations should submit the following:
- Quarterly Reports on activities
- Yearly Financial Statements
- Minutes of Annual General Meetings
- Calendar of activities and plan.