January 17, 1990
|Alma mater||Michigan State University|
|Parent(s)||James Makamba, and Irene Makamba|
|Relatives||Tawanda Makamba, Kushinga Makamba|
Zororo Makamba is Director and Co-Founder of Eleven Dogs, a digital media and broadcasting company. He is the current host and Executive Producer of Point of View with Zororo Makamba, an opinion based political web show which he launched in February 2016. He has previously worked as a Public Relations Executive at Telecel Zimbabwe as News & Broadcasting Assistant at United Talent Agency in New York. He is currently based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
He is the son of an entrepreneur, James Makamba.
St John’s College, Harare Zimbabwe – 2008. Makamba has a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from Michigan State University and graduated in 2017 with a Master of Fine Arts in Producing (Honours) from New York Film Academy.
Makamba has worked for the following companies in various capacities:
- Ibbamo Foundation - Intern
- Aircel India - Intern
- Telecel Zimbabwe - Public Relations, Digital Media, Sponsorship Executive
- My Own Boss TV Show
- ZiFM Stereo - Producer and Current Affairs Host February 2013 – April 2015
- Political Lemonade Spoof September 2016 – November 2016
- United Talent Agency- News and Broadcasting Assistant in New York March 2017
- Point of View with Zororo Makamba – Host and Executive Producer
- Eleven Dogs Inc- Director and Co-Founder
Makamba is known mostly for hosting several radio shows on ZiFM Stereo which include Impact and the Telecel Chit Chat show. Makamba was also a judge, alongside business mogul Philip Chiyangwa, on a Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation television programme called My Own Boss.
- 2016 - Winner “Outstanding Screen Production” National Arts Merits Awards (Zimbabwe’s Emmys)
- 2016 -“100 Most Influential under 40” (ranked 33) Gorindemabwe Trust on African leadership
- 2015 - “100 Most Influential under 40” (ranked 37) Gorindemabwe Trust on African leadership
- 2015 - Winner “Best Male Achiever” Zimbabwe Youth Achievers Awards
- 2014 - “100 Most Influential under 40” (ranked 39) Gorindemabwe Trust on African leadership
- 2012 - Winner “MVP award” at the National Team Selling Competition
- 2012 - 2nd place World Collegiate Sales Competition
- Makamba hits the small screen with Tonight with Zororo, The Zimbabwean, Published: July 1, 2015, Retrieved: July 2, 2015
- Zororo Makamba About Me, Zororo Makamba Website, Retrieved:2 January 2015