Andrew Wutawunashe, founder of Founder and Overseer of the Family of God church
|Church||Family of God|
|Spouse||Rutendo Faith Wutaunashe|
Andrew Wutawunashe is a Zimbabwean religious leader and the founder of the Family of God Churches. His title in the church is both Apostle and Prophet but he's generally more referred to in Zimbabwe by the Apostle title. Wutawunashe founded the church in 1980 after a period of revival meetings in the country in the late 70s.
Andrew Wutawunashe was married to Rutendo Wutawunashe until 2016.
Founding of Family of God Church
Around 1976 Andrew Wutawunashe, at age 23, led a series of Christian religious revival meetings in Zimbabwe. Over 4 years his following grew and in 1980 he founded what was then called the Worldwide Family of God Church. It was commonly referred to as just Family of God or just FOG for short.
By 1985, the church spread to other countries like Zambia, Botswana, and the United Kingdom. Between 1983 and 1987 he ministered to churches in Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, Russia, USA, India, UK, and Latvia. 
Affair and Divorce
In February 2016 Wutawunashe announced to his following that had been on separation with his wife for 10 years and that they had finally officially divorced. There were reports that Wutawunashe would be remarrying.
Wutawunashe is often called upon to provide religious leadership on national and civic platforms. In August 2013 he officiated the inauguration of former President Robert Mugabe after he won the 2013 presidential and parliamentary elections. 
Farm Mechanisation Scheme
The data is analysed by recipients origin:.
- Mashonaland provinces had the most beneficiaries, both in terms of numbers and value.
Mashonaland East got US$47,5 million,
Mashonaland West US$44,7 million
Mashonaland Central had US$34,2 million.
- Two Matebeleland provinces had a combined total of US$13,9 million.
- Masvingo US$26,4 million,
- Manicaland US$18 million
- Midlands US$14 million.
This Rutendo Wutawunashe is listed under the thematic group “The Clergy”. He is listed as owing US$18,200.00. His relationship with Andrew Wutawanashe is not known. 
Comments on the Catholic Bishops' letter
ZIICC spokesperson, Andrew Wutawunashe said while the country waited for the next elections, it was best for the nation to rally behind the present government`s vision of rebuilding the nation and its economy while pursuing a path of peace and unity in diversity. He appealed to the international community and organisations that matters in the development of the country to help Zimbabweans move forward.
“It is also this appeal that we make today to governments as well as international and other organizations who are stakeholders in the journey of this nation; it’s time to help the Government and People of Zimbabwe to move forward,” said Wutawunashe who is the founding leader of Family of God.
- Apostle Andrew Wutawunashe Profile , African Revival - AWWW, Retrieved: 28 Feb 2016
- AWWW History, African Revival - AWWW, Retrieved: 28 Feb 2016
- Prophet Wutaunashe Caught in Secret Affair with Small House, Zimeye, Published: 9 Feb 2016 , Retrieved: 28 Feb 2016
- https://www.bigsr.co.uk/single-post/2020/07/18/BSR-EXCLUSIVE-Beneficiaries-of-the-RBZ loan of US$325,368.00-Farm-Mechanisation-Scheme BSR EXCLUSIVE: Beneficiaries of the RBZ Farm Mechanisation Scheme], Big Saturday Read, Published: 18 July 2020 Retrieved: 18 July 2020
- , New Zimbabwe, Published: 19 August, 2020, Accessed: 19 August, 2020