Boniface Guwa Chidyausiku fought the liberation struggle with ZANLA. After Independence he went back to school, to finish with a master’s degree, left the ZNA, and continued to serve Zimbabwe, generally as an Ambassador.
Born, 1950, Goromonzi District. He was married to Mrs Evelyn Chidyausiku (divorced 2012) and has one son and two daughters. Brother to former Chief Justice Godfrey Chidyausiku.
School / Education
In 1982, he went to the University of Zimbabwe, and obtained a BA History (Honours) and then a MSc in International Relations.
Service / Career
Boniface Chidyausiku joined the liberation struggle in 1975, joining ZANLA. At Independence he moved to the ZNA, and in 1985 attained the rank of Lt. Col.
- 1986 – 1988; Defence Attache in Washington, D.C. with multiple accreditation to Canada.
- 1988 – 1990; Deputy Secretary in the Ministry of Defence
- 1990; Deputy Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 1990 – 1996; Ambassador to the People's Republic of China and Democratic People's Republic of Korea; High Commissioner to Pakistan.
- 1996 – 1999; Ambassador to Angola, Luanda.
- 1999 – 2010; Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the World Trade Organization, New York.
- 2003 – 2010; Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations, New York.
- 2011 – 2015; Ambassador to the Russian Federation, Moscow.
Wife sued for divorce in 2012. <ref name=" Senior Zanu-PF officials top the 2012 list of divorce cases in Zimabwe"> , ZimDaily, Published: 27 December 2012, Retrieved: 23 August 2019