|Years active||2003 to present|
|Organization||The Order, Anashe Media Group|
Brian Soko is a Zimbabwean songwriter, music composer cum producer who is based in the United States of America (USA). He won three awards at the 2014 edition of the Broadcast Music Inc (BMI) R&B/Hip-Hop Awards.
Soko was born in Zimbabwe in the small town of Chiredzi before moving to South Africa where they stayed for a short while. He relocated to the United States with his parents where he briefly played football before deciding to study sound engineering.
Brain started off as a rapper. He used to sell his beats online.. He then switched on to make beats for others whilst he was still in high school. Whilst he was doing his first year at Tampa in Florida, he met Andre Protor and Rasool who were also interested in music. From then onwards, they focused on making R n B and Hip Hop beats. Soko's first break together with his friends-cum-partners was in 2012 after the release of Lil Wayne's No worries.
Soko and his team (The Order) composed and produced Beyonce's Drunk in Love in 2013. He also worked on the first compilation album of the group, Rich Gang. He also wrote and produced 100 Favors which features Kendrick Lamar, Birdman and Detail. He has also worked with South African Hip Hop artists such as Cassper Nyovest on his song, Phumakim, KO's Mission Statement and MaE amongst others.
Soko launched a media company, Anashe Media Group a management, marketing and production company focused on the African music sector.
- Most Performed Song 2014 R&B/Hip-Hop Award Song for Lil Wayne’s No Worries
- Billboard No 1 Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Song for Beyoncé’s Drunk In Love
- Billboard No 1 Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay for Beyoncé’s Drunk In Love
- South African Hip Hop Series: Producer Brian Soko, Mahala, Published: October 27, 2014, Retrieved: February 9, 2015
- Tseliso Monaheng, HANGIN’ WITH BRIAN SOKO, "Mahala", Published:24 Sep 2014,Retrieved:9 February 2015"
- Zim producer scores big at US awards, NewsDay, Published: August 26, 2014, Retrieved: February 9, 2015