|Organization||Orchestra Dendera Kings|
|Known for||Dendera Music|
|Parent(s)||Allan Chimbetu and Tambandini Sithole|
|Relatives||Simon Chimbetu, Sulumani Chimbetu, Tryson Chimbetu|
Douglas Chimbetu is the son of musician, Allan Chimbetu and a rising Dendera star. He rose to national stardom in 2012 after releasing his debut album 'Tsimba'.
Douglas was born in a musical royalty were his father, uncles and cousins such as Sulumani Chimbetu and Tryson Chimbetu are all full-time musicians. He however started pursuing music at high school. He joined the school choir at Allan Wilson School and would partake in musical events. Apart from that he developed a keen interest in gospel music that led him to become a prominent member of the church choir. He used to admire the church elders when they sang and would imitate them in private. That is when he thought he could actually sing. He was later employed by his father as a doorman. After a sold-out show in Redcliff, he then persuaded his father to allow him to take up the microphone. That was the basis for his professional career. He went on to release his debut album 'Tsimba' in 2012 which was received fairly well by his fans. The six track carried songs such as 'Vahosi' and 'Chispen'.have been well received by fans across the country. The album was also accompanied by a DVD.
Taking over from Father
In 2012 his father, Allan left his band, Orchestra Kings Central Committee , when he went to join Sulumani Chimbetu's band.Douglas was left in control. Allan said he did this to avoid the formation of another Dendera outfit-a principle that the founders of Dendera Music, Simon Chimbetu and Naison Chimbetu shared. After taking over the band Douglas and cousin Tryson decided to hold shows together for the former to gain maturity in the music industry. His father later rejoined the band.
- Moyo Wangu
Failed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.feedburner.com/PindulaNews: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Feed not found error: FeedBurner cannot locate this feed URI.
- Entertainment Reporter, Douglas Chimbetu loses daughter, 'The Zimbabwe Mail', Published:7 Apr 2014, Retrieved: 15 Apr 2014
- Lovemore Chazingwa,Douglas Chimbetu wants to pursue music full time, 'Herald' Published: 5 Jan 2012, Retrieved: 15 Apr 2014
- Silence Charumbira, douglas-chimbetu-mulls-pulling-diamond-studios/, 'The Standard', Published: 1 Dec 2013, Retrieved: 15 Apr 2014
- ZN, , 'Zimbeat News', Published: 30 May 2012, Retrieved: 15 Apr 2014
- Winsetone Antonio Douglas Chimbetu’s album launch date set, NewsDay, Published: September 10, 2014, Retrieved: July 13, 2015