Glen View Hip Hop
It is only a regional subgenre of Zimbabwean Hip Hop by Artists originating from the Glen View area. It is not a standardised or uniform sound. Only one common homeground. Occasionally referred to by its artists and followers as Glen View Hip Hop, at functions thrown in and around Glen View as a form of representing where they are from. South of Samora.
Hip-Hop, Dancehall, Spoken Word, Conscious Lyricism, African, Underground, Freestyle Rap
A mostly serious music, with a ghetto themed subject matter. This movement has provided Glen View listeners with something they can relate to a as well as celebrate, and a sense of belonging.
Rappers choose to rap in English or Shona, depending on their intended audience or result. Hip Hop has always emphasized messages of verbal skill, life lessons, unity, social issues, or activism. A vehicle to expose a lot of critical issues.
Pese pane Bag by Trap-C - ""
Harare by Nib Crouch - ""
Jecha Mumusoro by N.T.M Tha Hommie - ""
In the last years, Glen View has witnessed a number of memorable milestones with an impressive roster of Hip-Hop shows that include:
- Tora Guta - Take Over the City
An initiative by Christian Gospel artists
- Peace in the Hood - Youth Concerts for free expression and Social Justice in the Community.
A series of Concert by Zimbabwe's leading Cultural Activists Network, Magamba. Magamba also known for its Spoken Word and Hip Hop Festival, Shoko Festival.
Organised within Glen View to promote its local arts. It runs every Saturday
It is from these platforms a lot of Glen View's talent is found.
Who is from Glen View
This is a list of notable people who are natives of Glen View or have been resident there.
Glen View's Disc Jockey's
Glen View's Record Producers
Glen View's Rap Artists
Glen View has produced many artists of various styles.
- Mcy Ghost - McDon Vladmire Woodburn
- Kics Blessing Kazembe
- Simba Java Simbarashe Java
- Dub GM mChina Maxwell Mutazu
- G.I.L God Is Love Zadzisai Chikwanyanga
- Nib Crouch Richard Mabgwe
- Trap-C Tinotenda Allen Chitapa
- Slick Kudzai Ashley Musungo
- N.T.M Tha Hommie Nigel Tapiwa Munhedzva
- Nargee Musharukwa Nyasha Gwari
- Young Trap Ngonidzashe Emmanuel Musungo
- Kazmik Chamakanda Martin Gosha (formerly known as "'Metsogee"')
- Nu-Sense Munyaradzi Hamandishe
- CMN Prince Charles Ndere
- K.Mac Nomathamsanqa Phiri
- Glen Mazani
- DopeBoy Jnr Philip Tinashe Banda
- P.Gee Gavin Panashe Gwari
- Dwayne Simbarashe Tapfuma
- Terry Terrence Murombedzi
- Traffik Llyod Batsirai Kaluza
- Thazah Man Gumi mu Bag Alton Moses Hakata
- Trinity Trinity Musarurwa
- Two Sik Craig Mukwedeya
- Skryptt Da Farmer Gerald Achinesu Mandisodza
- MC Ef-em Fungai Mlambo
- Minana Wellington Masawi
Glen View's Rap Crews