|Employer||Old Mutual Group|
Jonas Mushosho is a Zimbabwean chartered accountant and current Old Mutual Zimbabwe Group CEO and Rest of Africa CEO of the company.
Mushosho is a qualified Chartered Accountant with accreditation in Zimbabwe and South Africa. He also holds a Barchelor's degree in Accounting. In addition to that Mushosho also attained a Barchelor's degree in Business Computing. He went further to study for a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) for his post graduate studies.
Mushosho, for a decade, worked in the public service as the Deputy Commissioner of Taxes. He is also a renowned fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA).
Career at Old Mutual
Due to his vast experience and unique expertise in the trade, Mushosho was elevated to the position of Chief Executive Officer on 1 September 2012. He replaced Luke Ngwerume. In this capacity as the CEO, he was deputised by Kevin Terry who is the director of Central Africa Building Society (CABS).
Mushosho joined Old Mutual in 1990 as a Tax Planning Accountant having worked for the Zimbabwe Tax Department for 10 years. Previous roles in the Group include heading the Retail Business as General Manager (2001 - 2004) and Finance Director (2004 - 2009).
In August 2016 he was appointed regional chief executive officer for Southern and East Africa, taking over from Tavaziva Madzinga, who left the financial services group after 15 years.
- , Old Mutual appoints new CEO, "The Herald", published:12 Sep 2012,retrieved:11 Jul 2014"
- , Mushosho Is New Old Mutual Boss, "The Financial Gazzete", published:13 Sep 2012,retrieved:11 Jul 2014"
- , BIOGRAPHY, "Old Mutual", retrieved:11 Jul 2014"
- , New Boss for Old Mutual, "NewsdzeZimbabwe", published:Sep 12 2012,retrieved:11 Jul 2014"
- Mushosho lands top Old Mutual post, NewsDay, published: August 12, 2016, retrieved: August 12, 2016