|Born||Kudzai Nyarai Sevenzo|
May 3, 1979
|Education||Courteney Selous Primary School, Chisipite Senior School, Speciss College|
|Parent(s)||Dixon Sevenzo and Diana Sevenzo|
Kudzai Sevenzo is a singer, songwriter, television personality, an actress and a performing artist who rose to stardom in 2004 when she was the country's representative at M-NET' reality musical show, Project Fame. In 2007, she also landed the coveted post of being a presenter for another M-NET lifestyle program Studio 53. She has won a number of awards .
She was born, Kudzai Nyarai Sevenzo on 3 May 1979. She is the last-born in a family of 7 children (5 girls, 2 boys). She attended Courteney Selous Primary School in Greendale, Harare and Chisipite Senior School. For her tertiary education, Kudzai went to Speciss College here she studied IATA to be a travel consultant.
In 2004, she competed at an M-NET musical show, Project Fame. She however failed to win. From Project Fame, Kudzai released her first album On a Day like this which made her to be more popular. She was nominated for an award during the 2005 Zimbabwe Music Awards (ZIMA) but failed to win. In 2010, she released her second album, Child of Afrika. She did a duet with Oliver Mtukudzi.
In 2007, she landed a role on M-Net's Studio 53 which was a lifestyle program as the show's presenter. It was during this stint that she traveled extensively in Africa and got to dine and meet with the likes of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, the President of Liberia.
In 2013, she joined ZiFM Stereo and was on air on Sundays (in the morning). Her show was calledGet Lifted. After being at the station for 5 month, she decided to quit arguing that she wanted to work on her third album and a range of films.
Sevenzo launched her acting career when she featured in Rumbi Katedza's romantic comedy. She also starred in Playing Warriors together with Prudence Katomeni in 2012. During that year, she was nominated for the best actress award for the African Movie Academy Awards which were held in April 2012 in Lagos Nigeria. Kudzai graced the glamorous event but she failed to win the award. On 8 January 2015, it was reported that Kudzai was to feature on Danai Gurira's stage reading of Lynn Nottage's play Foundation (The Re-introduction of Udire) in New York in the United State of America.
- Best New Artist Award conferred by Celebration Music (2005)
- Most Aspiring Female Artist of the Year conferred by Nescafe (2005)
Kudzai is the brand ambassador for an organisation called Proudly Zimbabwean Foundation which held a clean up campaign in the country, in 2014. She is also the brand ambassador for Zim Care for Life and Kidzcan.
- Fred Zindi Kudzai Sevenzo: Zim's shinning star, The Herald, Published: 21 Jan 2013, Retrieved: 28 January 2015
- Kudzai eliminated from Project Fame, New Zimbabwe, Published:11 Dec 2009,Retrieved:28 January 2015"
- Star Profile :Kudzai Sevenzo, The Standard, Published:8 Jun 2014,Retrieved:28 January 2015"
- About Kudzai Sevenzo, FaceBook, Published:2010,Retrieved:28 January 2015"
- , Sophia Chese Sevenzo stars in Danai Gurira's new production, The Herald, Published:28 Jan 2015,Retrieved:28 January 2015"