|Miss Zimbabwe Trust Chairperson, Ex-model|
|Political party||Zimbabwe African National Union Patriotic Front|
Marry Chiwenga nee Mubaiwa is an ex-model, the wife of General Constantino Chiwenga who is the current Commander of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces. She was once married to Shingi Kazwondera, a footballer who played for Caps United Football Club. She is the patron and chairperson of the Miss Zimbabwe Trust.
In 2011, Marry was customarily married by Constantine Chiwenga amid revelations that the two had been staying together since Constantino left his matrimonial home, in April 2010. It was reported that he paid US$47 000 as the bride price (lobola) to the Mubaiwa family. On 15, November 2012, the couple was blessed with a baby.
Patron of the Miss Zimbabwe Trust
In 2012, Marry became the patron of the Miss Zimbabwe Trust taking over from Kiki Divaris. She was poised to revive the Miss Zimbabwe pageant. The 2014 edition of the Miss Zimbabwe Pageant proved Marry's competence as it was reportedly full of glitz and glamour.
Notwithstanding this, in 2014, 3 beauty queens, Thabiso Phiri, Catherine Makaya and Tendai Hunda were crowned as the title holders. This was followed by a barrage of criticism leveled against Marry. Cathrine Makaya cited that Marry was very adamant hence she was unable to work with her. Tendai Hunda who went on to represent the country for the 2014 edition of the Miss World was unable to keep up the pace with others as she arrived late in London all because of the trust's incompetency.Speculations are rife that the trust is now politicised.
She is the Chairman of the Musha Mukadzi Zimbabwe Armed Forces Foundation (MZAFF), a non – profit organization that provides programs that help families of the armed forces of Zimbabwe wives and widows and children of either serving or retired soldiers as well as war veterans. MM-ZAFF is a brainchild of the Commander of Defence Forces, General C.G Chiwenga and has the honour of the counsel of Her Excellency, First Lady, Amai Grace Mugabe’s support as the National Patron as well as Mrs Marry Mubaiwa Chiwenga as the National Chairperson.The Trust has helped the likes of Shingirayi Bushu who however succumbed to cancer in December 2014. The MZAFF also donated groceries and clothes as well as blankets to a woman from Highfield who had 25 kg of cyst removed from her belly at Chitungwiza Central Hospital in July 2014. The trust also donated US$3 500 to a war veteran, who lost his sight during the Second Chimurenga.
Appointment to SEZ Board
- Chiwenga marries Kawondera’s ex-wife, "NewsDay", Published:28 Oct 2011,Retrieved:10 February 2015"
- Gift Phiri,Chiwenga, wife welcome new baby, "Daily News", Published:19 Nov 2012,Retrieved:10 February 2015"
- . September, 2017 http://www.mushamukadzi.org.zw/?page_id=11. Retrieved November 14, 2017,. Check date values in:
|accessdate=, |date=(help); Missing or empty
|title=(help)Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css has no content.
- Musha Mukadzi beneficiary laid to rest, "The Herald", Published:3 Dec 2014, Retrieved:10 February 2015"
- Pamela Shumba, Mrs. Mubaiwa-Chiwenga donates to landmine victim, "The Chronicle", Published:22 Jun 2013, Retrieved:10 February 2015"
- Fidelity Mhlanga (June 27, 2009). "Gono appointed as SEZ chair". NewsDay. AMH. Retrieved June 30, 2017.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css has no content.