Munyaradzi Diamond Boy Chidzonga is a Zimbabwean actor, film producer, writer and businessman based in the capital Harare. Chidzonga was born on 13 July 1986. He rose to fame when he represented Zimbabwe in the Big Brother Africa reality television program in 2010. Chidzonga attained a Barchelor of Arts Degree in Motion Picture Medium.
Big Bother Africa
Chidzonga's fame came with his participation in the 2010 edition of the Big Brother Africa in which he represented Zimbabwe. Chidzonga broke the record when he escaped elimination for a record 9 times in the Big Brother Africa reality television show. He won the hearts of more than 10 millions Africans who voted for him to ensure his survival.
After fighting stiff competition in the show, Chidzonga was announced second place winner after a Nigerian Actor and Winner Uki. Back home, a consortium of businessman including Phillip Chiyangwa awarded him with an additional USD$300 000 for raising the flag of Zimbabwe high. He visited president Robert Mugabe at the State House after his return. It was his large pool of fans which gave him the name Diamond Boy in the reality show which was held in South Africa.
Acting and Film Production
After his historic performance at Big Brother Africa, Chidzonga embarked on a film production project which saw him produce his first movie Lobola. Lobola soon became famous an spread its influence beyond the borders of Zimbabwe to countries like Botswana and South Africa. In 2014, Chidzonga landed himself a role in the popular South Africa soap opera Mzansi Love which was broadcast on the popular television channel e.TV. Cite error: Invalid
<ref> tag; name cannot be a simple integer. Use a descriptive title
- Something New From London
Munyaradzi Chidzonga wedded Adiona Maboreke in September 2012. The two soon sired a a baby together. There were however unconfirmed rumours of divorce between the two a few months after their flashy wedding.
- , Big Brother Africa Fallout: Munya Gets Richer Than Uti: Munya 300,000 Usd Richer! - Celebrities - Nairaland, "Nairaland Forum", published:26 Oct 2010,retrieved:10 Jul 2014"
- , Munya Chidzonga, "The South African TV Authority", retrieved:10 Jul 2014"
- , BB contestant Munyaradzi Chidzonga, son of ZANUPF former minister receives us300 000, "Zimonlinepress", published:21 Oct 2010,retrieved:10 Jul 2010"
- Munya Chidzonga, Munya Chidzonga, "Facebook",retrieved:10 July 2014"
- Aislinn Laing, Outrage in Zimbabwe after contestant loses African Big Brother final, "The Telegraph", published:19 Oct 2010,retrieved:10 Jul 2014"
- , Munya Chidzonga finally marries long time love, "Nehanda Radio", published:6 Sep 2012,retrieved:10 Jul 2014"