The NSSAgate Scandal is a corruption scandal that was unearthed by an audit of the National Social Security Authority whose report was released in July 2019. The report covered the period from January 2015 to February 2018. The forensic audit was carried out by BDO Zimbabwe at the instruction of the Auditor General, Mildred Chiri.
The corruption scandal resulted in the arrest of the then Minister of Tourism and Hospitality, Prisca Mupfumira by the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission. Mupfumira was also dismissed from her ministerial job by President Emmerson Mnangagwa.
Download the BDO Forensic Audit Report
- Prisca Mupfumira - Minister of Labour and Social Welfare during the period covered by the report
- Elizabeth Chitiga - CEO of NSSA for part of the period
- Robin Vela - Chairman of the NSSA
- Adam Molai - Owner of Housing Corporation Zimbabwe which was implicated in the corruption
- Ozias Bvute - Group Chief Executive Officer at Metbank which was implicated in the scandal