Pupurai Togarepi is a Zimbabwean politician and the former Secretary for Youth Affairs in the Zanu-PF party. He is the ZANU PF Chief Whip in Parliament. In December 2017 he replaced Kudzai Chipanga as the youth league boss and he was suspended during a politburo meeting on 5 February 2020 for indiscipline. Pupurai Togarepi is also head of prudential services at Insurance and Pension Commission (IPEC)..Togarepi has vast knowledge and experience in the financial sector as well as insurance and pension industry regulation. In the 2018 harmonized election he was elected as Member of Parliament for Gutu South constituency.
Pupurai Togarepi was born in Gutu under chief Makore. It was alleged that he was a war collaborator who was involved seriously in the prosecution of the liberation struggle. He was also the National Chairman the Zimbabwe National Liberation War Collaborators Association (ZILIWACO), an organization representing liberation war collaborators.
Togarepi was suspended from Zanu-PF which resulted in him losing the position of Youth league Secretary to Kudzai Chipanga in 2016. Togarepi said that he respected Robert Mugabe’s decision to replace him with his former deputy Kudzanayi Chipanga. .
Pupurai Togarepi was reported to have warned G40 Faction members that while the party was going to forgive them as per the President’s instructions, they were not going to forget their conduct.
The President said we will forgive, but we will not forget. We heard the G40 cabal is telling people that they are invincible because they have survived the chop. We do not want to hear that at all. If you are forgiven do not mistake that for a weakness. We will deal with you
Former President Mugabe
As the youth league. we view this as child play and we are ready for them. To us, it’s a bunch of failures trying to come back into politics, but that they are failures is their problem, not ours.
What Mugabe should know is … we respect him only if he respects us. If he decides to rock the boat and then his actions affect the stability of the party … he should be ready for the storm to come…we will not be soft with him.
The data is analysed by recipients origin:.
- Mashonaland provinces had the most beneficiaries, both in terms of numbers and value.
Mashonaland East got US$47,5 million,
Mashonaland West US$44,7 million
Mashonaland Central had US$34,2 million.
- Two Matebeleland provinces had a combined total of US$13,9 million.
- Masvingo US$26,4 million,
- Manicaland US$18 million
- Midlands US$14 million.
- Joseph Madzimure, , The Herald, Published: February 5, 2020 , Retrieved: 5 Feb 2020
- , Get closer to communities, insurance firms urged, Published:April 3 2017 , Retrieved: 25 Feb 2018
- , Togarepi accepts president's decision , Published: 6 sep 2016 , Retrieved:25 Feb 2018
- Zanu-PF Youth League, War Veterans Warn Mugabe To Be Ready For Coming Storm, Say We Will Not Be Soft With You, PindulaNews, Published: 6 March 2018, Retrieved: 6 March 2018
- https://www.bigsr.co.uk/single-post/2020/07/18/BSR-EXCLUSIVE-Beneficiaries-of-the-RBZ loan of US$325,368.00-Farm-Mechanisation-Scheme BSR EXCLUSIVE: Beneficiaries of the RBZ Farm Mechanisation Scheme], Big Saturday Read, Published: 18 July 2020 Retrieved: 18 July 2020