Recording studios are places where sound is recorded, mixed and produced. This can be for music, films, or commercial advertising among other purposes.
In Zimbabwe recording studios range from home studios (that have been used to record and produce Zimdancehall and Zim Hiphop and other urban music) to larger facilities such as the ones offered by ZiFM Stereo and other such larger brands in Zimbabwe's music industry.
Popular Recording Studios in Zimbabwe
- Alema Studios - Owned by Alick Macheso and open for other artists to record. Artists that have recorded there include Faheem Somanje. The regular producer at the studio is Bothwell Nyamhondera.
- Chillspot Records - Focuses on Zimdancehall. The resident producer is Levelz
- Eternity Productions
- Gramma Records
- Metro Studios
- Military Touch Movement - Owned by Jah Prayzah and open for other artists to record. The regular producer at the studio include DJ Tamuka.
- Mosi-oa-Tunya Studios
- [Empire Mc Records] Owned by Rocker Vybz
- Shed Recording Studios
- SKT Productions Zimbabwe
- Oskid Productions - Owned by producer Oskid.
- Zimbabwe College of Music
- Zimbabwe Music Corporation (ZMC)