|Born||September 5, 1985|
Relebogile Mabotja is a South African media personality, businesswoman and philanthropist.
Mabotja is the middle child of three siblings. She was born and raised in Soshanguve, north of Pretoria.
Relebogile Mabotja was born on September 5, 1985.
In March 2021, Relebogile Mabotja revealed that she was pregnant with her first child. She revealed the news in a social media post that also carried the link of her tell-all interview with an online magazine, Batswadi.
Relebogile Mabotja runs her own company, Lebotja Media.
In 2019, she was appointed the vice-chairperson of the Southern African Music Rights Organisation (Samro).
In 2020, Mabotja left Metro FM after being with the station for a year. Relebogile started on The Fresh Breakfast Show alongside DJ Fresh before moving to drivetime show The Kings Suite, hosted by SPHEctacula and DJ Naves. She denied reports that Metro FM had dismissed her saying she had left on good terms.
She has acted in shows like Rhythm City and Zone 14. In 2003, she dropped out of matric to star in stage musical Fame. Mabotja also appeared in Home Affairs, Generations, Gospel Grooves, 12 Days of Christmas and Kompleks, as well as German film Traum Hotel.
Relebongile appeared in Skeem Saam, playing the role of Turfloop business executive Ms Sedibe.
When she is not on television, Mabotja holds the producer and executive producer roles on television shows The Man Council, Raising Babies 101 and Afro Cafe. She was the musical director e.TV’s I Love South Africa.
Awards & Honours
In 2020, she was named one of the Mail & Guardian 200 Young South Africans.
- Emmanuel Tjiya, Success came at a price for Radio and TV star Relebogile Mabotja, Sowetan Live, Published: March 5, 2019, Retrieved: March 22, 2021
- RELEBOGILE MABOTJA IS PREGNANT!, Daily Sun, Published: March 19, 2021, Retrieved: March 22, 2021
- Patience Bambalele, Relebogile Mabotja appointed Samro vice-chairperson, Sowetan Live, Published: January 30, 2021, Retrieved: March 22, 2021
- Nonkululeko Mazibuko, Relebogile Mabotja on leaving Metro FM: ‘I left Metro on good terms’, Drum Magazine, Published: April 1, 2020, Retrieved: March 22, 2021
- Relebogile Mabotja, 702, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: March 22, 2021
- Julia Madibogo, No doubt Relebogile Mabotja is one class act, Sowetan Live, Published: April 8, 2018, Retrieved: March 22, 2021
- Relebogile Mabotja, Mail & Guardian, Published: 2020, Retrieved: March 22, 2021