No information could be found on his age, place of birth, or family.
School / Education
2009 – 2012; BSc Political Science, University of Zimbabwe
Service / Career
16 February 2019 - Promoted Brig. Genl. (from Col.)
Seven members of the Zimbabwe National Army (ZNA) were yesterday promoted from the rank of Colonel to Brigadier-General, effective February 16. Addressing ZNA officers during the investiture ceremony held at Josiah Magama Tongogara Barracks, ZNA Commander Lieutenant-General Edzai Absolom Chanyuka Chimonyo commended the newly-promoted ZNA officers. 
April 2018 - CO of 5 Infantry Brigade.
At a graduation ceremony in February 2018, at which seventy-three Zimbabwe National Army (ZNA) officers completed a three-week course meant to equip them with military law, guest of honour Chief of Staff Administration Staff Major General Paul Chima urged officers to ensure that their weapons are secured to avoid injuring the public for the good of the force. Commander headquarters 5 Infantry Brigade Colonel Simo Maseko said soldiers are the best asset of any nation hence the need for discipline among officers. The three-week induction course was centred on recapping all aspects of drill, quarter guard procedure, summary trial procedures, camp security and routine inspections, customs of the army and military law among others. 
At the April 2018 handover-takeover ceremony of the command of 5 Infantry Brigade, in Battlefields, Lieutenant-General, Edzai Chanyuka Chimonyo said the ZNA should support President Mnangagwa’s call to open the country for business. At the same function, incoming Commander, 5 Infantry Brigade, Brigadier-General Simo Maseko said he will conduct his duties with due diligence while carrying on with projects left by his predecessor, Brigadier-General Morgan Urayai Munawa. Brig-Gen Maseko becomes the 14th commander since the establishment of 5 Infantry Brigade. 
In September 2019, speaking at the School of Military Police graduation ceremony at Mzilikazi Barracks in Bulawayo yesterday, ZNA Brigadier-General Simo Maseko said there is need for members of the armed forces to be role models. A total of eight officers and 138 non-commissioned officers from the ZNA and Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Service graduated after completing six courses which included the Provost officers course, Senior Provost non-commissioned officers course and the Provost junior investigations course. 
- Linked In Profile, Linked In”, Retrieved: 18 September 2019
- Seven Colonels promoted to Brigadier-Generals, The Herald”, Published: 27 February 2018, Retrieved: 15 September 2019
- Zimbabwe army officers urged to secure their weapons, Bulawayo24”, Published: 28 February 2018, Retrieved: 18 September 2019
- Army boss rallies soldiers to support President’s vision, Sunday News”, Published: 29 April 2018, Retrieved: 18 September 2019
- $1,5m education resource centre for Kwekwe, Zimbabwe Situation”, Published: 21 November 2018, Retrieved: 18 September 2019
- Lead by example, soldiers told, The Chronicle”, Published: 7 June 2019, Retrieved: 15 September 2019