|Line 79:||Line 79:|
'''Tendayi Darikwa''' is a Zimbabwean international footballer, born and based in the United Kingdom, who plays for
'''Tendayi Darikwa''' is a Zimbabwean international footballer, born and based in the United Kingdom, who plays for Football Club.
== Background ==
== Background ==
Revision as of 17:54, 19 July 2019
|Born||December 13, 1991|
|Employer||Burnley Football Club|
Tendayi Darikwa is a Zimbabwean international footballer, born and based in the United Kingdom, who plays for Nottingham Forest Football Club.
Darikwa was born on the 13 of December in 1991 in Nottingham.
Darikwa joined Chesterfield on a scholarship when he was 16 after having left school. He signed his first professional deal in 2010 for Barrow whilst he was on a loan. In 2013, he signed for a new 3 year deal with Chesterfield.
Chesterfield, 2010 - 2015
Darikwa played as a midfielder for a UK based club called Chesterfield Football Club He made his debut for Chesterfield on 27 November 2010 in the FA Cup, in a 3–1 defeat by Burton Albion in the 55th minute replacing Deane Smalley.
Due to good league performances early in 2012–13 season, after the appointment of new manager Paul Cook in late October 2012, Darikwa signed a one-year contract extension until 2015,and he received recognition by winning the Football League Young Player of the Month for December 2012.  He also did a spell on loan at Barrow in 2010.
In October 2013, Darikwa was linked with a move to Premier League club Manchester United, and while "flattered in the interest", he felt not ready to play at that level. He moved from right winger to a right back, and in May, he won four awards at the Chesterfield end of seson awards, including Player of the Year Award, and Players' Player of the Season Award. 
Tendayi Darikwe was signed for Burnley Football Club for three years, with a further year’s option in the club’s favour, in July 2015. 
In a 2:1 loss against Reading, Darikwa scored his sides only goal, and his first goal for Burnley. 
In 2017, this club signed Tendayi Darikwa for a four year deal, as a versatile player, who would fit anywhere along the right-hand side.  He scored his first goal against Chelsea on 20 September 2017.
- Darikwa was in December 2013 voted Football League Young Player of the Month
- In 2014 he was named Chesterfield player of the year
- He was also voted club Players’ Player of the Season for the 2015 season.
Teams Played For
- Chesterfield Football Club (2007)
- Nottingham Forest Football Club
- Notts County Football Club
- Barrow Football Club (2010).
Darikwa was in December 2013 voted Football League Young Player of the Month. Darikwa's performance caught the attention of top English Clubs such as Manchester United and at one point David Moyes was interested in signing the player.
- , TENDAYI DARIKWA,Transfer Market, retrieved:25 Jun 2015"
- P. Fletcher, Football League Friday: Talking about Tendayi Darikwa,BBC Sport, published:13 Jul 2013,retrieved:25 Jun 2015"
- , , Players out of contract offered new one year deals, Posted 11 May 2012, retrieved:19 July 2019"
- , , Football League Friday: Talking about Tendayi Darikwa, Posted 18 January 2013, retrieved:19 July 2019"
- , , Darikwa Stars at Player of the Year Awards, Posted 6 May 2015, retrieved:19 July 2019"
- , , Clarets Land Darikwa, Posted 30 July 2015, retrieved:19 July 2019"
- , , Reading scored twice in the opening nine minutes against Burnley to earn their fourth away win in a row and move third in the Championship., Posted 26 September 2015, retrieved:19 July 2019"
- , , Darikwa signs for Forest., Posted 26 July 2017, retrieved:19 July 2019"
- , , BBC Sport at Stamford Bridge., Posted 30 September 2017, retrieved:19 July 2019"
- , Tendayi Darikwa: future Zimbabwe star?,New Zimbabwe, published:24 Jan 2013,retrieved:25 Jun 2015"