October 4, 1981
He is married.
During the Zim-dollar era, Machakaire tried everything to be his own man, including “burning” the Zim dollar for the then scarce US dollar as well as doing cross-border business.
He started off with a single vehicle, ventured into the transport business and acquired several commuter omnibuses that plied the Marange route in Marange in 2003.
Under Cunrode Investments he would import goods for people from South Africa during the Zim-dollar era.
He says he registered his company TinMac Investments in 2007 when he acquired his first truck. In 2014 he had 34 state-of-art trucks that delivered goods in and around Southern Africa.
Vehicle Importation Scandal
Machakaire was accused of prejudicing the State of thousands of dollars by using letters from the President’s Office to facilitate the importation of vehicles for his personal projects duty-free.
Tapfuma appeared in court facing charges of criminal abuse office and using his position to buy cars for friends circumventing tax authorities. 
In 2019, The Standard reported that Machakaire had been summoned by the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission after it emerged that he and other businessmen linked to Zanu-PF had allegedly imported over 100 cars duty-free under the pretext that they were meant for President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s office.
Some of the cars imported by the businessmen were allegedly donated to Zanu PF while others were sold.
Machakaire confirmed that he had been summoned by Zacc but refused to disclose the reasons for the interrogation. He said:
If you are asking about the vehicles, I donated them to the party. That is all I can say. I am not a criminal but a youthful Zanu PF member with businesses.
Awards & Honours
- Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce Manicaland Province Businessperson of the year (2014) first runner-up accolade.
In November 2020, Machakaire partnered with Nyaradzo Funeral Service Chief Executive Officer Philip Mataranyika to foot all funeral expenses for late popular comedian Lazarus Boora, widely known as Gringo.
- HON MACHAKARIKA TINODA, Parliament of Zimbabwe, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: January 8, 2021
- Young businessman honoured, The Manica Post, Published: January 22, 2014, Retrieved: January 8, 2021
- Tadious Manyepo, Machakaire upbeat in Covid-19 fight, The Herald, Published: August 7, 2020, Retrieved: January 8, 2021
- Adeline Mapfumo, Machakaire, Zanu PF bigwigs bleed State through duty-free scandal, says ex-ED aide, Zim Morning Post, Published: March 17, 2020, Retrieved: January 8, 2021
- Xolani Ncube, ED’s office caught in massive car scandal, The Standard, Published: August 4, 2019, Retrieved: January 8, 2021
- Machakaire, Mataranyika covers Gringo funeral expenses, NewZimbabwe.com, Published: November 10, 2020, Retrieved: January 8, 2021