Zimbabwe 2016 Olympic Team
Zimbabwe will be sending a delegation of 57 people; 31 athletes and 26 officials, which is one of the biggest contingents the country has sent to the Olympic Games which will run from August 5 to 21 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The country will be represented in seven disciplines, that is: athletics, archery, equestrian, football, rowing, shooting and swimming. They will also be fielding a football team for the first time following the qualification of the Mighty Warriors in 2015.
- Coach: Macdonald Brackin
- Manager: Lorna Riley
- Athlete: Gavin Sutherland
- Coach/Manager: Gary Kinghorn.
- Athletes: Wirimai Juwawo, Gabriel Mvumvure, Pardon Ndhlovu, Rutendo Nyahora, Cuthbert Nyasango, Tatenda Tsumba.
- Coaches: Benson Chauke (marathon); Phakamile Lisimati (sprints).
- Manager: Tendai Tagara
- Athlete: Camilla Kruger
- Coach: Darrell Scaiffe
- Groom: Faye Bryant
- Vet: Daniel Carroll
- Mighty Warriors: Kudakwashe Bhasopo, Eunice Chibanda, Chido Dzingirai, Erina Jeke, Daisy Kaitano, Rejoice Kapfumvuti, Lindiwe Magwede, Rutendo Makore, Sheila Makoto, Talent Mandaza, Emmaculate Msipa, Lynett Mutokuto, Felistas Muzongondi, Rudo Neshamba, Marjory Nyaumwe, Samkelisiwe Zulu, Mavis Chirandu, Nobuhle Majika.
- Football Technical Team: Shadreck Mlauzi (head coach), Sithethelelwe Sibanda (assistant coach), Yohane Chikaola (assistant coach), Peter Masibera (goalkeeper’s coach), Dorothy Masawi (doctor), Sharon Mashingaidze (physiotherapist), Charity Mudzviti (manager).
- Non-travelling reserves: Danai Bhobho, Vaness Lunga, Ruvimbo Mutyavaviri, Nobukhosi.
- Coach: Tiago Loureiro
- Athlete: Michael Nicholson
- Coach: Stuart Sylvester
Austin Jeans (chief medical officer), Margaret Gibson, Madiki Machikicho, Nonhlanhla Mkumbuzi (all physiotherapists).
Titus Zvomuya (Chef de Mission); Primrose Mhunduru, Memory Pakati.
- Ellina Mhlanga, Team Zim announced, Herald, published: July 22, 2016, retrieved: July 22, 2016