The National Economic Consultative Forum (NECF), a Public-Private Partnership Organization is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above mentioned post. The Executive Assistant reports to the Director responsible for Economics and Research. The accountant reports to the Finance Manager of the NECF.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing all accounting transactions.
- Handling monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Reconciling accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensuring timely bank payments.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance. Ensuring compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP, FASB), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control.
- Aiding in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Providing accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information.
- Identifying areas for improvement and implement improvements to accounting processes.
- Assisting with and act as the primary point-of-contact for auditor requests.
- Computing taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Managing balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Auditing financial transactions and documents.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Complying with financial policies and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Accounting or B-Comm in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
- Additional certification (CIMA) is a plus.
- Working experience as an Accountant.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Fresh-Books and QuickBooks.
- Experience with general ledgerfunctions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience with accounting software.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed CVs, certified academic and professional qualifications to be submitted at the NECF Offices, 34 Elizabeth Windsor, Marlborough, Harare or send an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position applied for should be clearly marked.
NB: The National Economic Consultative Forum is a non-discriminatory organization and therefore females, people with disabilities and those coming from remote parts of the country are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 17 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
National Economic Consultative Forum (NECF)
The National Economic Consultative Forum(NECF) is a think tank on economic and social policy issues. It originated from the Private and Public Sectors participation at the International Smart Partnership Dialogue in July, 1995 at Langkawi Island in Malaysia. Experts from the private sector, labour, academia, civic society approached the Government for the development of a smart partnership institution that would be the think tank for the country.
Providing a broad participatory framework in the formulation of national economic policies through an interchange of ideas and experiences among government, private sector, labour, academia and civil society.