We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. The incumbent will be reporting to the Director, Agro- Industrial Park and will oversee daily finance and accounting operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Producing performance reports for enterprises.
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Prepare budget forecasts.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure timely bank payments; Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Report on the company's financial health and liquidity.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- A Master's Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience as an Accountant.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including Procurement Regulations of Zimbabwe (PRAZ).
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Sage Pastel and QuickBooks.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vertical Lookup and pivot tables.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications. Each set of application must be accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae, giving full particulars including full name; place, date of birth, I.D, birth certificate and copies of academic and professional qualifications, all certified. Applicants must give information on experience, date of availability, telephone numbers, names and addresses of three contactable referees. Applications should be hand delivered to Office No. 113, Administration Building at the University of Zimbabwe or posted to:
DEPUTY REGISTRAR, HUMAN RESOURCES
University of Zimbabwe
P O. Box MP167
NB: The University of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer and therefore men and women are equally encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10 March 2023. Generate a Whatsapp Message
University Of Zimbabwe (UZ)
The University of Zimbabwe is a public university in Harare, Zimbabwe. It opened in 1952 as the University College of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, and was initially affiliated with the University of London. It was later renamed the University of Rhodesia, and adopted its present name upon Zimbabwe's independence in 1980.