Assistant Bursar: Projects (Bursary Department)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post. The successful applicant should be able to work under pressure, be a mature person of good repute who enjoys an outstanding reputation in the chosen field, be of high integrity and possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that accurate monthly trial balance is produced.
- Checking and maintaining of month end schedules from various sections to ensure accuracy.
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements that are IFRS/ IPSAS compliant.
- Preparation of relevant ledger reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly inter-unit reconciliations.
- Maintaining and updating of investment schedules.
- Preparation of monthly cash movement schedules.
- Checking and updating payables and payment batches in the system to ensure correct vote allocation.
- Checking travel and subsistence advances for completeness and accuracy and passing for payment.
- Processing all specific funds payments.
- Cary out project viability analysis.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a first degree in Accounting.
- A professional qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/CIS/CPA is a requirement.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, MBA or MBL would be an added advantage.
- Applicants must have at least two (2) years hands on post qualification experience.
- Applicants should preferably be registered Public Accountants.
- Knowledge of computerised accounting packages such as Pastel would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to: email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
Deadline: 20 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE)
Bindura University of Science Education is a Zimbabwean university offering courses within the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Science Education, Commerce and Social Sciences.
Address: 741 Chimurenga road, Bindura