Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the post, which has arisen in the Engineering Department. Reports to the Electrician.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the electrician to carry out electrical installations, diagnosing faults, testing, repairs and maintenance of electrical equipment for Council's properties, water reticulation and sewer treatment works.
- Assisting the Electrician to implement projects and maintain public lighting infrastructure.
- Recommending correct replacement parts and components for electrical equipment.
- Assisting in general electrical works and preparation of BOQs as directed by the Electrician.
- Performing planned tasks including site inspections, clearing and general tidiness of Council properties' electrical systems.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Class 2 Electrician Certificate.
- Skilled worker.
- At least 2 years of traceable and relevant experience.
- Possession of 5'0' levels is an added advantage.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in operating hand power tools, soldering, basic welding and electrical faults testing equipment is a requisite.
How to Apply
Applications in own handwriting accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to be submitted through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or through post or hand delivery to the undersigned:
ACTING TOWN SECRETARY
Rusape Town Council
P.O. Box 17
Deadline: 14 April 2023