Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the post, which has arisen in the Engineering Department. The Carpenter shall be reporting to the Works and Maintenance Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of carpentry Bill of Quantities.
- onstruction of roofs on council new projects.
- Maintenance of existing council properties.
- Recommending correct carpentry related works materials.
- Performing planned works as assigned by the Works and Maintenance officer including. assessing fimess of Council roofs, ceilings, doors and office furniture.
- Installation of fencing is an added advantage.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Works and Maintenance Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Journeyman class two in carpentry and joinery.
- 5 '0' levels including Mathematic and English is an added advantage.
- Clean class 4 driver's license is an added advantage.
- Certificate in carpentry and joinery.
- 2 years of proven experience is an added advantage.
- Ability to interpret building plans a must.
- Able to work under very minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Applications in own handwriting accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to be submitted through email at: email@example.com or through post or hand delivery to the undersigned:
ACTING TOWN SECRETARY
Rusape Town Council
P.O. Box 17
Deadline: 14 April 2023