Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the Corporate Accountant position which has arisen in our organisation.
Reporting to the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements and Management
- Accounts in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating, formulating and compilation of budgets.
- Ensures that all assets are properly accounted for and the verification of the asset register.
- Provides management with financial information required for effective program and project execution.
- Evaluating company investment portfolio and investment performance and ensuring these records are maintained.
- Produce department cost reports and consult regularly on cost control measures with relevant heads of department.
- Assist auditors in the scope of their duties Ensure all statutory returns are filed.
- Review of reconciliations and schedules for correctness and devise corrective measures where necessary.
- Check the cash book to ensure that all monies received are banked immediately and appropriate receipts have been made out.
Qualifications and Experience
- Person Specification Degree in Accounting/Finance, ACCA, CI MA, CA or equivalent qualification. 3-5 years' relevant experience.
- Knowledge of SAP is a must Demonstrated experience in financial reporting.
- Knowledge of all relevant Financial Standards and legal requirements.
- Results oriented.
- Strong investment and analysis skills.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above stated requirements should submit their applications accompanied by comprehensive CVs and certified copies of certificates by e-mail to:
Human Resources Department
Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation
Deadline: 17 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC) was established by an Act of Parliament No. 31 of 1982. To create a vibrant and versatile mining power house necessary to transform Zimbabwe's mineral wealth to the world class standards.