We are looking for enthusiastic, self - motivated and committed individuals to join our Dynamic team members for the above post. Reporting To: Customer Service Applications Manager.
- Reference Number: Tel20234599
Responsible for the installation, design, configuration, upgrade, optimization, and maintenance of databases and associated software products, in support of operational systems and the development environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, Develops And Maintains Documentation Related To The Database Configuration, Data Flow, Replication, Data Transformation And Architecture In Conjunction With Users.
- Plans And Coordinates Database Security Measures Alongside Network Administrators.
- Designs And Enhance Databases For The Organisation’s MIS/ICT Systems.
- Conducts Periodical Database Optimisation, Monitoring, Administration, Maintenance And Fine Tuning.
- Participates In Technical Tasks Of Database Vulnerability Check, Security Tools Implementation, And Troubleshooting.
- Provides Technical Expertise And Hands-On Support In Consolidation And Migration Of Databases To New Hardware And Platforms.
- Records And Maintains Periodical Database Performance Metrics.
- Establishes And Maintains Data Security And Integrity Procedures.
- Conducts Database User Management Emphasizing On Segregation Of Duties Through Assignment Of Appropriate Roles/Privileges/Permissions.
- Manages The Security And Disaster Recovery Aspects Of A Database.
- Establishes, Plans, Configures And Performs Database Backup/Restores And DRP Procedures.
- Ensures Connectivity To Database Systems Always And Apply Database Patches.
- Ensures Database Systems Are Up And Running To Enable Proper Revenue Collections.
- Completes All Other Related Tasks As And When Required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree In Computer Science/ Information Systems Or Equivalent From Reputable Institutions.
- Certification In Oracle 10g/11/12c Database Administration.
- Sound Knowledge Of Microsoft Windows And Unix/Linus/ SUN Solaris.
- Plus 3 Years Proven Experience In Database Administration On Oracle RAC Platforms.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: http://careers.telone.co.zw/job-details/110
Deadline: 21 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
TelOne Zimbabwe is a parastatal telecommunications company owned by the Zimbabwe government headquartered in Harare's Central Business District. It provides Voice, Internet and Data services and has a wide network distribution with infrastructure in almost every corner of this country.