Dean, Faculty Of Medicine And Health Sciences
The University of Zimbabwe is inviting suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the above senior position that has arisen in the institution.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Dean is the head academic for the Faculty and is responsible for championing the implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan at Faculty level. He/She is expected to provide leadership in the programmatic delivery of the University’s five (5) key missions of the Heritage-based Education 5.0, namely Research; Teaching and Learning; Innovation; Community Service/Outreach and Industrialisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership in the advancement of the academic discipline and subjects for human capital development and economic sector that the Faculty represents.
- Planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting of the University’s academic programming, student performance and outputs in line with the mandate of the Faculty.
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of the University’s policies, regulations. systems and procedures at Faculty level.
- Managing the University finances, assets and other resources within the Faculty for the advancement of the University’s Vision and Mission.
- Ensuring good order of the Faculty and a conducive environment for delivery of Education 5.0 in the relevant Faculty.
- Advancing the University’s teaching and learning methodologies, knowledge management and digitalisation.
- Spearheading the Faculty’s relevance and active role in providing skills, knowledge and solutions to industry, commerce and society.
- Managing staff Performance Contracts.
- Performing any other relevant duties and functions of the University as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Qualifications and Experience
- A PhD or an equivalent qualification, or a relevant qualification as may be recognized by the University.
- Relevant experience in higher education environments.
- Relevant administrative and professional experience working with diverse stakeholders in academia and beyond.
- A proven record of academic scholarship and mentorship.
- Have knowledge of University academic regulations and processes;
- High level of professionalism, commitment to duty, organised and self-motivated to work under pressure;
- Have an in-depth understanding of the economic sector their Faculty represents at local, national, regional and global scales;
- Be able to articulate the transformative role of Universities in Zimbabwe’s economic development;
- Be a team-leader, team-builder, open-minded, self-motivated, reliable and efficient, with demonstrable leadership skills;
- Have good writing and oral communication skills;
- Be able to proffer solutions for the Faculty;
- Fundraise and budget for the Faculty
- Excellent critical thinking ability to understand the needs of the University, faculty and students;
How to Apply
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Eight (8) copies of applications, giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth; experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, names and addresses of three (3) referees and eight (8) certified copies of qualifications should be addressed to:
Deputy Registar Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
630 Churchill Avenue
P.O. Box MP167
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
University Of Zimbabwe (UZ)
The University of Zimbabwe is a public university in Harare, Zimbabwe. It opened in 1952 as the University College of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, and was initially affiliated with the University of London. It was later renamed the University of Rhodesia, and adopted its present name upon Zimbabwe's independence in 1980.