To assist with the preparation and distribution of pharmaceuticals, inventory management, and documentation within the pharmacy in Chitungwiza.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the dispensing of ART, PrEP, and SRH medicines to clients either on site or on outreaches as prescribed by the Clinician and ensuring the right medication is given to the right client in right quantities.
- Packs medicines in properly labelled dispensing envelopes to small recommended prescribed quantities for easy dispensing and to reduce client waiting.
- Provides information to clients on how the medication is taken and side effects if not taken properly, also counselling clients for adherence purposes to achieve treatment success.
- Receives and collects prescriptions from clients timeously as they come to reduce clients’ waiting period.
- Arranges received pharmaceuticals on the shelf according to FEFO in order to minimize expiries.
- Ensures that all received pharmaceuticals are offloaded and moved timeously into the pharmacy to avoid breakages and maintain the required temperatures.
- Ensures proper labelling of medicines on shelves for easy access and to maintain order in the pharmacy.
- Ensures that the pharmacy is clean and the safe and appropriate storage of medicine.
- Ensures that recommended room temperature and the quality of medicines is maintained.
- Files all generated reports for ART and SRH medicines; invoices; prescriptions and correspondents monthly for record keeping purposes.
- Performs daily temperature takings and records them to ensure that recommended room temperature and the quality of medicines is maintained.
- Captures dispensed medicines into EPOC system.
- Keeps a record of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes.
- Conducts physical counts monthly for the purposes of ordering and to avoid overstocking or understocking and checking on expiries.
- Ensures that there are no breakages, shortages and short dated pharmaceuticals when receiving commodities from Nat pharm or PSH Warehouse deliveries.
- Receives and arranges ordered commodities on shelves according to FIFO and categories e.g., Antibacterial, Antifungals, Antidepressants etc.
- Updates Stock Cards on dispensed medicines daily.
- Captures received pharmaceuticals from PSH Warehouse, Nat pharm and other sites on the Stock Card and Receiving Registers for SRH and ART departments.
Qualifications and Experience
- Dispensary Assistant training course.
- 5 O’ Levels including English Language and Mathematics.
- At least 2 years working experience.
- Knowledge of pharmacy regulations and laws.
- Computer literate.
- Basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS and basic management of related Opportunity Infections.
- Candidate should have strong interpersonal communication skills and should be well groomed.
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
- Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for on: https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=7LiczSHmKkeXmlSatbokcNO7h-fzQdlLv2uX4UTqbxxUNzJHVzVUSU9ZOTU0NkEyTU5EWE1JSkYyTS4u
- Send your updated CVs to: email@example.com
NB: Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
Deadline: 03 April 2023