Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
- Health Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Includes the following and other duties that may be assigned as appropriate
- Working as part of the health department medicines management team maintaining medicines stocks, engaging suppliers through the procurement system and ultimately getting the required medicines and supplies.
- Working with other departments such as bursary, procurement, central stores and accounts to ensure efficient medicine procurement, delivery, storage and distribution.
- Drug storeroom maintenance involving: drawing up bin cards and stock cards, continued upkeep of cold chain principles, flagging stock with less than 3months expiry and facilitating quick movement of such stock, calculating average monthly consumptions (AMC) of medicines thereby watching against drug stock outs, medicines safety and accountability.
- Monitoring movements of stock through the Pastel system as well as participating in routine audits.
- Facilitating acquisition of medicines through Zimbabwe Assisted Pull System (ZAPS)
- Facilitating movement of medicines from the drug stores to the dispensary as well as amongst our multiple campus clinics.
- Perform all duties according to the regulation and requirements of Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) and Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC).
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 O-Levels passes.
- Certificate in Pharmacy or Dispensary Assistance.
- At least 2-years relevant working experience.
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical Procurement and Supply Chain management environment and added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadlien: 31 March 2023.