Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post that have arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach the following Modules on Entomology, Insect Pest Management, Pesticide Science and Application Methods, Insect Systematics;
- To supervise research by students under taught programmes and higher degrees by research (MPhil/DPhil/PhD);
- To provide community outreach and University services in the field of Entomology;
- To develop and promote task-based learning models and other products for improved pest management;
- To conduct research that produce goods and services in the field of Entomology and
- To contribute to Community Outreach, Innovation and Industrialisation in line with Education 5.0 and the University Strategic Plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should have Undergraduate and Master’s degrees in Crop Science or Entomology or related field. An earned PhD degree in the same specialisation is an added advantage.
- University teaching experience, traceable record of research expertise and industrial experience in the field of Entomology, Insect Pest Management, Insect Systematics, Pesticide Science and Application Methods.
Skills and Attributes
- Candidates should be results driven with good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Information on salary and other benefits will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications which should include the application letter, certified copies of certificates, national identification and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees. Applications in envelopes clearly indicating post applied for should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
P.O. Box 35
OR Hand Deliver to:
Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
15 Longlands Road
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The University does not charge applicants a fee at any stage of the recruitment process and does not have Agents who receive applications on its behalf.
Deadline: 05 April 2023