Executive Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above post. Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and differently abled people are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as first point of contact for the Vice Chancellor’s Office and manages communication, including highly confidential information.
- Produces quality reports, presentations, letters and memoranda.
- Manages the Vice Chancellor’s itinerary.
- Collates relevant papers and documents in preparation for scheduled briefings and meetings.
- Manages mail by ensuring that all official correspondence is screened and directed to relevant offices for actioning.
- Assists in the organisation of major University events.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management/Administration/Human Resources.
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Passes including English Language.
- A Higher National Diploma in Office Management (HEXCO) and at least five (5) years post qualification experience or;
- A National Diploma in Secretarial Studies (HEXCO) and at least seven (7) years post qualification experience.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organisational skills, be able to plan, manage and co-ordinate the Vice- Chancellor’s diary.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Reliability, loyalty and dedication are essential qualities.
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Be of mature disposition.
How to Apply
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to: email@example.com or hand delivered to:
Acting Senior Assistant Registrar
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
Conditions of Service: Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 16 June 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Gwanda State University (GSU)
Gwanda State University is a state higher education institution that is in Gwanda, Zimbabwe. The university is temporarily at the former Epoch Mine in Gwanda whilst construction takes place. The main campus shall be on an 87 hectares (210 acres) site in Gwanda, with a 2.5 hectares (6.2 acres) farm at Filabusi.
Address: Epoch Mine Campus, P.O Box 30, Filabusi