The Field Assistant/Driver will undertake driving and field assignments, assist with administrative duties, and ensure proper maintenance of the vehicles, equipment and other assets. In addition, he will offer administrative support services to the USAID Resilience Anchors Project vehicles by handling routine functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Driving Services, maintenance of the vehicles.
- Provide driving services to the Program staff/partners
- Cleaning of vehicle(s) and ensuring that the vehicle(s) is always clean and has enough fuel for the next activity
- Ensure that the vehicle(s) is serviced on schedule and the licenses are valid. Raise requests for service and repair where necessary and advise Field Finance and Administration Officer to plan activities accordingly to minimize disruption.
- Monitor vehicle service mileage, by ensuring that the vehicle(s) have logbooks and that the same are regularly filled, approved and submitted for accounting in time.
- Undertake daily checks on vehicles to ensure that they are roadworthy all the time so that there are no disruptions to business due to preventable faults.
- Assist admin staff with administrative activities.
- Provide equipment and other asset maintenance services.
- Operating essential machinery such as printers and copiers.
- Photocopying and scanning office documents
- Assist in maintaining project files
- Assist project staff in field activities.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports in the Chiredzi District
- Support the Activity to recruit, select and train beneficiaries.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure the full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Support the coordination and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation is strengthened.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a Diploma, HND/Degree will be an added advantage
- Clean driving license with a minimum of 5 years of driving.
- Defensive Driving Certificate
- Demonstrated skills in the use of 4WD vehicles.
- Experience driving in rough terrain and in wildlife areas.
- Mechanical experience, an added advantage.
- Basic skills in the use of Microsoft office packages and IT skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a multicultural and multiethnic environment.
- Enthusiastic and committed to ECODIT’s mission.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdXsY--yi4rAeKP6ITjP01Dzmp7-t8v1ezKAec0cLY3Mj0EoQ/viewform
Deadline: 07 April 2023