Finance Assistant (10 months)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post. Main functions will be to manage and monitor program funds as per the donor requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
.Planning and budgeting:
- Participate in project planning, partnership development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Develops activity-based budgets for programmes by costing planned activities.
- Manage quarterly and monthly financial planning and budget advance cycles.
- Conduct continuous, quarterly, and mandatory reviews in accordance with the program rules, policies, and regulations.
- Validate project report balances monthly.
- Monitors and process with calling of funds for the project
- Managing and tracking of budgets to ensure there is no overspend low burn rate, verifies budget availability for any commitment.
- Carries out budget variance analysis for the program, this entails checking and analysing expenditure related documents and final acquittal of programme funds.
- Reviews fund request and programme work advances to ensure they are within the required timelines.
- Monitor payments and financial reports and cash flow projections with supporting working papers and schedules.
- Review vouchers and invoices and monitor payment requests and disbursements on project activities assigned.
- Coordinates account coding with project coordinators to ensure financial information allow proper internal monitoring and be linked to project work plan as well as financial reporting as per donor requirements.
- Serve as the main point of contact for project financial related maters that include reviewing and uploading reports, conducting budget reviews, reviewing program invoices for accuracy before submitting for payment.
- Coordinates with programme staff as appropriate to ensure that financial information are complete and accurate, provide regular financial analyses to project coordinators.
- Prepares and submits financial reports to the donor and to the project coordinator in a timely manner.
- Monitors individual project cost recovery, provides monthly reports on cost recovery, and advises on areas that need addressing.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a project specific Fixed Assets register.
- Maintains accounts payables and receivables to ensure complete and accurate records of funds.
- Works with project coordinator to ensure proper closure of projects, final reports submitted, and donor requirements are followed.
- Participates to field visits to review the financial management of the project and train field staff as required.
- Responds to issues raised by both the internal and external auditors in relation to the program.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience working in the NGO sector.
- Knowledge of Navision Accounting will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Apply to The Secretary General on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Red Cross Society
The Zimbabwe Red Cross Society, a member of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, is a voluntary organisation whose aim is to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable communities. It is an auxiliary to government as mandated through the Zimbabwe Red Cross Society Act of Parliament No 30 of 1981 also known as Chapter 17.08. It has branches throughout the country and is part of the global Red Cross movement present in 189 countries. Orphans and Vulnerable Children, the elderly, the chronically ill, the HIV infected and affected, the elderly and widowed and the generally disadvantaged members of the community make up our beneficiary list. As a disaster relief organisation, the ZRCS is also a member of the civil protection unit (CPU) and it responds to both natural and manmade disasters.
Address: 10 St Annes Road, Avondale, Harare