Freda Rebecca Gold Mine, the leading gold producer in Zimbabwe has a vacancy for a Geological Technician reporting to the Strata Control Officer in the Technical Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommending, implementing, and monitoring support systems, i.e. ensuring that support is installed on time and to standard.
- Conducting regular geotechnical underground inspections.
- Designing layouts and support systems and ensuring implementation.
- Ensuring rock mechanics information/concerns are communicated timeously.
- Conducting quality control tests on existing ground support used at the Mine.
- Actively participating in creating a safe mining environment i.e providing input into the development of safety standards, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Core logging and Mapping of geological structures for geotechnical / rock engineering and mine design purposes.
- Participating in fall of ground investigations.
- Training mine employees on basic strata control and ground support.
Qualifications and Experience
- National diploma in Geology from a recognised institute.
- Strata control certificate in metaliferrous mining is an added advantage.
- 3 years Hard Rock Mining experience.
- Should have knowledge of geotechnical softwares i.e Map 3D, Numerical modelling.
- Sound knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
How to Apply
Suitable candidates who meet the basic requirements and are interested in this career opportunity to send their application letters, detailed C.Vs and copies of academic certificates to: email@example.com
NB: Freda Rebecca Gold Mine does not require any payments for its recruitment processe.
Deadline: 14 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Freda Rebecca Gold Mine