The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) is inviting qualified, honest, self-motivated and experienced applicants for the above post. Reporting to the Director-General.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage, supervise, authorize and implement Chemistry division activities in the chemical analysis of medicines and other medical products for quality, efficacy and safety, and ensure compliance with required specifications and MASCA Act.
- Plan, implement and review Chemistry laboratory strategic goals and annual work plans in line with the MCAZ corporate strategy.
- Manage and adhere to approved budget.
- Lead in resource mobilization for project activities.
- Manage and monitor projects performance and fund utilization for defined budget projects to meet timelines.
- Advise and consult MCAZ Committees on relevant technical issues pertaining to Chemistry laboratory.
- Facilitate timeous procurement of laboratory equipment, reagents, chemicals and consumables;
- Manage and ensures proper equipment management including maintenance, service, calibration and internal qualifications are performed timeously.
- Develop, Implement and maintain the Chemistry laboratory Regulatory Centre of Excellence (RCORE) status in Quality Assurance of medicines.
- Provide strategic leadership in the implementation and retention of chemistry accreditation and certification status in ISO 17025,1SO 9001, WHO Prequalification and WHO GBT laboratory review and testing function.
- Plan and implement analytical methods validations, transfer and verification of compendia methods for use in the laboratory and provide expert advice in all analytical problems and challenges.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Honours degree in either Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Chemical Technology or ecuivalent.
- MBA/MBL/MSc in Strategic Management degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years' experience in a managerial capacity in a pharmaceutical manufacturing Quality Control or Regulatory Quality Control Laboratory.
- At least five (5) years' postqualifying experience in Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance of medicines in pharmaceutical manufacturing or regulatory environment.
- Expert practical knowledge in Laboratory QMS implementation in ISO 17025, 9001 and WHO Prequalification programme.
- Expert knowledge in Quality Control and Quality Assurance of medicines.
- Expert knowledge in analytical instrumentation and equipment management and excellent analytical skills.
- Good people management skills and a team player.
- Business-minded and strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications, experience and expected salary and benefits to:
Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe
106 Baines Avenue, corner Third Street
P.O. Box 10559,
NB: The MCAZ is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe does not charge any fees to respondents to this advertisement nor to those who become successful. Applicants are advised to deal with caution if approached in regard to any offer to facilitate the applications process.
Deadline: 31 March 2023