Head of finance
The Securities and Exchange Commission of Zimbabwe is responsible for the regulation of capital markets in Zimbabwe and reports to the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development.
The Commission is looking for a suitably and experienced candidate to fill in the position of Head of finance. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer while Providing leadership and management of the Commission's accounting and finance functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement short- and long-term financial strategies for the CoMmission. Supervising and coordinating personnel in the Finance department.
- Provide regular, sound, accurate, and timely financial advice and information to the Board, CEO, and management to support decision-making.
- Determine, monitor, and actively manage liquidity requirements to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investments requirements, and investment of surplus funds as per provided policies.
- Preparing, reviewing and analysing SECZim financial statements.
- Ensuring the department is collecting all levies on time and in full.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory payments and returns.
- Custody of financial and material resources and monitoring efficiencies thereon. Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and internal control requirements.
- Leading the annual financial budgeting process to produce relevant, accurate, and timely financial budgets and forecasts as needed.
- Develop procedures and policies necessary to maintain proper records, audit trail, and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Investments or Business Administration.
- A Post graduate qualification in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or BusinessAdministration.
- Full professional qualification such as CIS, ACCA, CIMA or CA.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Membership of PAAB.
- At least 10 years relevant work experience, with at least 5 years in a senior managerial role and Familiarity with IPSAS will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Application letters with C.V's to be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position being applied for clearly stated in the email subject.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Deadline: 13 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Securities and Exchange Commission of Zimbabwe (SECZ)
The Securities and Exchange Commission of Zimbabwe was established through the enactment of the Securities Act (Chapter 24:25). Its roles are: To regulate trading and dealing in securities; and. To register, supervise and regulate securities exchanges. To license, supervise and regulate licensed persons. To encourage the development of free, fair and orderly capital and securities markets in Zimbabwe.