Head of Finance
The Commission is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position of Head of Finance. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Purpose of the job: Providing leadership and management of the Commission's accounting and finance functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement financial strategies for the Commission.
- Provide regular, sound, accurate and timely financial advice and information to the Board, CEO and management to support decision-making.
- Determine, monitor and actively manage liquidity requirements to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investments requirements, and investment of surplus funds in terms of the policies.
- Prepare, review and analyse SECZim financial statements.
- Ensure timely collection of levies.
- Ensure compliance with statutory payments and returns.
- Custody of financial and material resources and monitoring efficiencies thereon.
- Supervise and coordinate personnel in the Finance department.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and internal control requirements.
- Lead the annual financial budgeting process to produce relevant, accurate and timely financial budgets and forecasts as needed.
- Develop procedures and policies necessary to maintain proper records, audit trail and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Investments or Business Administration.
- A Post graduate qualification in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration.
- Full professional qualification such as CIS, ACCA, CIMA or CA.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Membership of PAAB.
- At least 10 years relevant work experience, with at least 5 years in a senior managerial role.
- Familiarity with IPSAS will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Application letters with CVs to be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position being applied for clearly stated in the email subject.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Deadline: 13 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Securities and Exchange Commission of Zimbabwe (SECZ)
The Securities and Exchange Commission of Zimbabwe was established through the enactment of the Securities Act (Chapter 24:25). Its roles are: To regulate trading and dealing in securities; and. To register, supervise and regulate securities exchanges. To license, supervise and regulate licensed persons. To encourage the development of free, fair and orderly capital and securities markets in Zimbabwe.