Head Public Safety (Grade: 4)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the above vacant position. Reporting To: Chamber Secretary
The incumbent is responsible for the coordination of the security and enforcement function in the City of Harare with the overall aim of protecting the public, safeguard strategic assets of council and create a safe environment for the conduct of business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing security policies, strategies and procedures.
- Management of City of Harare By-Laws enforcement relating to traffic, environmental protection and public health.
- Planning, organizing and overseeing work of the Harare Municipal Police, Traffic Enforcement and Research and Training Sections Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with national security agencies and coordinates work with other City departments and relevant stakeholders in advancing the security of the public, City of Harare employees and the City's strategic assets.
- Allocation and utilization of resources in the division to achieve capital effectiveness and efficiency.
Qualifications and Experience
- Security Management Degree/Social Science from a reputable institution.
- MBA/MBL or equivalent.
- Full member of a recognized professional body.
- Driver's Licence a must.
- A Clean Criminal Record.
- 5-7 years' security experience with at least 2 years at Chief Superintendent or equivalent rank or higher.
- High levels of security consciousness.
- High levels of command and control skills.
- Stakeholder Management skills.
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- A competitive salary commensurate with each post and other benefits will be disclosed at the interview.
How to Apply
Detailed application letter, curriculum vitae with details of three professional referees, copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be submitted:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.0 Box 1680,
Rowan Martin Building
OR Hand deliver to Records office, Basement, Rowan Martin Building
NB: Canvassing will disqualify applicants City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer.
Deadline: 20 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
City of Harare
Harare City Council is an administrative body tasked with providing services for residence of Harare, the capital city of Zimbabwe.