Human Resources Graduate Intern
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Graduate Intern will be responsible for the provision of a Human Resources and administrative support, ensuring that day to day human resources management functions and general office operations and procedures are carried out.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the processing of the payroll.
- Attend to Human Resources related inquiries or requests.
- Create/ Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Assist with the recruitment process.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Assist with orientations of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activities.
- Complete staff termination paperwork and facilitate exit interviews.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration or related degree.
- 2 years of experience as an HR Assistant in the NGO sector.
- Exposure to Labour Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration, people management skills , outstanding administrative and communication skills..
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; clearly stating on the email subject line the position title.
NB: International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review
Deadline: 17 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, nonprofit, humanitarian aid organization that provides emergency medical services, healthcare training and capacity building to those affected by disaster, disease or conflict." It seeks to strengthen medical services and infrastructure in the aftermath of crises."